Need friends - Arizona, age 50+

Options
I am looking for gals like myself struggling in the pre/post menopausal hormonal (or lack of) weight gain "rut"..........(can we motivate each other?)............its a whole new ball game! I live in Phoenix, what do you do for exercise when it's too hot to even walk outside (work hours make joining a gym difficult).

Replies

• skinnybythanksgiving
    skinnybythanksgiving Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi CactusFlower. I have a treadmill, works great for hot, rainy or freezing days in Houston. The rest of the time I walk early. Also I have an old Jane Fonda tape (dvd now) from the 80's called complete workout. It isn't too bad once you do it a few times. You need a floor mat if you don't have carpet and 3 pound weights, either dumbbells or strap on weights. I'll friend you.
  • darlenemoore33
    darlenemoore33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi CactusFlower, I'm 47 ( I went through menopause early) and I'm dealing with belly fat and loss of muscle tone due to loss of estrogen. I live in Texas and understand the heat issue.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    CactusFlower - if you have a TV and a DVD player you can exercise in your nice air conditioned house. I've lost 95 lbs that way (when it was too hot to take it outside). It was 97 here today in FL and the humidity is HORRIBLE!!! If you want it bad enough - you'll find a way to do it. I'm 60 by the way - took a hear and a half to lose it. I'm in maintenance now. You ALL can do this - you have to talk yourself into it every day.
  • kme03
    kme03 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello CactusFlower. I'm 50 and live in Texas. I walk on my treadmill and ride my bicycle occasionally when the weather is nice. I have done yoga in the past and am hoping to start back again soon. I'm looking for friends as well to keep me motivated.