Daily calorie allotment question

Options
Okay right now I am around 250 lbs and MFP allows me 1240 calories per day... I see that every lime I lose like 5 lbs the calories allowed goes down a lot.. by the time I reach my goal of 150 lbs is MFP only going to allow me like 300 calories a day??

Replies

• oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is the minimum, so no. How is your profile set up? You could be in a deficit and losing on a higher amount of calories based on your weight. Personally I would eat more while you can!
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have your settings correct. I've never had my calories automatically adjusted, but when I go in to adjust it, in 24lbs I've only lost like 100 calories. Also, as you lose you'll change your weight loss expectations from 2lbs to 1.5 to 1 to .5.
    At 250 you should be in the high 1400 I would think. I'd check your settings. :smiley:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    1. as you get closer to goal, your weight loss goal should also get smaller. I suspect you have 2lbs a week set which is about 1000 calories less a day. I would suggest changing it to 1.5lbs a week when you have 75lbs or less to lose. Once you get to about 20 lbs, you should be aiming for about .5 lb a week. So your calorie deficit won't be as strict.
    2. MFP expects you to log additional exercise. So even at 1240, if you exercise, you eat more.
    3. are you sure you have the right daily activity setting set? Most people automatically chose sedentary when a lot of people aren't.
  • aprilcv00
    aprilcv00 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I will recheck my settings.