Halfway there! 28 down, 30 to go! (pics)

Options
mrtentaclenun
mrtentaclenun Posts: 179 Member
Hey guys, I didn't plan on making on of these before and afters until I was at my goal. But then my mom emailed me a picture of me from the week I moved away which is two years ago and GOSH WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I guess since I see myself every day I never saw a difference. When I moved to North Carolina I weighed 198. I am sure I passed the 200 pound mark, I just stopped weighing myself because I knew seeing the 200 on the scale would defeat me. After moving down here I started dating a wonderful man who was good for me in many ways, one of which being he does not eat any fast food. He is also extremely active so without realizing it I had gotten down to 180. Then a year ago, I was laid off for the summer from my job and gained 14 pounds. Seeing 194 on the scale was enough to send me to the gym. I didn't start using MFP until I hit 178 but I have been here ever since!

I have just recently started c25k as well as 30ds so expect a new thread in a month showing my results from the 30ds! I am so excited to see them. All of you are SUCH AN INSPIRATION, I want to thank all of you! I don't think I would have stuck with this if it wasn't for all of your kind words!!

I am a bit embarrassed to post these pictures, especially the one with me in my underwear. (My new pictures I took before starting 30DS I was smart enough to wear my bikini! But you don't get to see those yet, be patient!) But all is fair in love and weight loss and despite my shame of looking the way I did, I am pleased to see the difference.

If you read all of that you are a trooper! Thanks again everyone, here are some halfway pictures, I can't wait to post again when I reach my goals!

Here is the picture my mom sent me from March 2009

th_IMG_0337.jpg

Here is me on my birthday in June of 2009 (HATE this one but its closer up than the one with my mom)

th_IMG_0829.jpg

Here is me on August 26 2009 weighing 190 versus me more recently weighing 178

th_3months.jpg

AND NOW! These pictures were taken this past weekend at 171lbs
th_IMG_0907.jpg

Yes this is super dorky but come on, a dork with a JAWLINE! And are those cheek bones I see? Where did those things come from???
th_IMG_0935.jpg

I really hope those pictures aren't too big

EDIT: THERE I THINK I FIXED IT! So sorry guys

EDIT 2: So you're supposed to be able to click them to make them bigger but it doesn't work. I give up! barbiex3 reposted them full sized and even though they cut off you can still see them.

I hope you all have enjoyed my photos and that maybe I have helped inspire at least one person. Have a lovely day!!

Replies

• barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I didn't plan on making on of these before and afters until I was at my goal. But then my mom emailed me a picture of me from the week I moved away which is two years ago and GOSH WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I guess since I see myself every day I never saw a difference. When I moved to North Carolina I weighed 198. I am sure I passed the 200 pound mark, I just stopped weighing myself because I knew seeing the 200 on the scale would defeat me. After moving down here I started dating a wonderful man who was good for me in many ways, one of which being he does not eat any fast food. He is also extremely active so without realizing it I had gotten down to 180. Then a year ago, I was laid off for the summer from my job and gained 14 pounds. Seeing 194 on the scale was enough to send me to the gym. I didn't start using MFP until I hit 178 but I have been here ever since!

I have just recently started c25k as well as 30ds so expect a new thread in a month showing my results from the 30ds! I am so excited to see them. All of you are SUCH AN INSPIRATION, I want to thank all of you! I don't think I would have stuck with this if it wasn't for all of your kind words!!

I am a bit embarrassed to post these pictures, especially the one with me in my underwear. (My new pictures I took before starting 30DS I was smart enough to wear my bikini! But you don't get to see those yet, be patient!) But all is fair in love and weight loss and despite my shame of looking the way I did, I am pleased to see the difference.

If you read all of that you are a trooper! Thanks again everyone, here are some halfway pictures, I can't wait to post again when I reach my goals!

Here is the picture my mom sent me from March 2009

IMG_0337.jpg

Here is me on my birthday in June of 2009 (HATE this one but its closer up than the one with my mom)

IMG_0829.jpg

Here is me on August 26 2009 weighing 190 versus me more recently weighing 178

3months.jpg

AND NOW! These pictures were taken this past weekend at 171lbs

IMG_0907.jpg

Yes this is super dorky but come on, a dork with a JAWLINE! And are those cheek bones I see? Where did those things come from???

IMG_0935.jpg

I hope you all have enjoyed my photos and that maybe I have helped inspire at least one person. Have a lovely day!!
  • barbiex3
    Options
    I fixed them for you =] CONGRATS!!! you look great in the second to last picture btw
  • mrtentaclenun
    Options
    Ugh I don't know what I'm doing with these pictures. How do I make them not huge and fit????
  • Cornock
    Cornock Posts: 254
    Options
    Well done great work there! Keep it up!
  • barbiex3
    Options
    lol um change the size of them on photobucket i think. idk i'm not a computer whiz lol someone fixed mine for me yesterday so that's all i know how to do lol =] sorrry!!
  • lisapickering
    Options
    Wow, you look great! You're right it is sometimes difficult to notice what we've accomplished but looking back the pictures you can see how far you've come! Keep up the good work!
  • mrtentaclenun
    Options
    lol um change the size of them on photobucket i think. idk i'm not a computer whiz lol someone fixed mine for me yesterday so that's all i know how to do lol =] sorrry!!

I fixed them, thank you so much for helping
  • darkdestiny7
    Options
    You are beautiful and your doing amazing. Nice job :D
  • nuemmedigg
    nuemmedigg Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    28 lbs! What perseverence! You should be so happy with yourself and with your good looks. Looking forward to copying you and getting a jaw line of my own. :wink:
  • linzoglesby
    linzoglesby Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You look great! Keep it up and don't look back girlfriend.
  • forJupiter
    forJupiter Posts: 45
    Options
    Wooo! Awesome job buddy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!