New- to site

Hello all... My name is Elle, and an ARMY wife. I have been working out for about 3weeks now. And I need a little x-tra push. Hints the reason I logged on the the site. Feedback welcome, and hope to meet some good workout buddies!

Replies

• Hello all... My name is Elle, and an ARMY wife. I have been working out for about 3weeks now. And I need a little x-tra push. Hints the reason I logged on the the site. Feedback welcome, and hope to meet some good workout buddies!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    We are all pulling for you! Please feel free to ask any questions. It is motivating just to read others' stories and successes (and occasional frustrations). We are all battling our battles with you! Read through previous posts, they are so helpful when you aren't motivated.

~cm
  • I'm new too.....just joined today. I'm sifting through the mass of online fitness and nutrition information and honestly feeling a little overwhelmed...this site is the first one that helped me to feel a little organized and purposeful. I'm enjoying it so far!!!

What type/style of diet are you using? Calorie restriction? Low-Carb? Low Fat? I'm leaning towards a zone/glycemic control type of diet.
  • Hello everyone...

I'm very new... about 10 minutes. I've got plenty of weight to lose (70 lbs hopefully by May) but am determined to do it. I'm getting married in May and would love to have my dress taken in.

I've been looking around the site and definately feel that this is exactly what I need. I've recorded what I eat before and lost weight but I have no idea if I was getting all the nutrients I require.

Can't wait to meet and get to know everyone through the message boards!

Robyn
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Welcome citybyrd & missjacki ! And good luck to you !

Jacki, go to this thread - lots of good ideas depending on what your goal is.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186-totally-frustrated

~cm
  • Welcome everyone! I glad you all posted. I do not know much about exercise, but what I do at the gym. And I do not even know if that is the right plan for me. I did exercise yesterday, and I am sore! I plan on working out tomorrow w/ cardio and weights for about an hour. And Tues& Thrus are my yoga days. I am trying to stay in weight watchers guide lines.

How about you guys? My husband is in teh army and he is always working out and running.
  • Well I am going to have to ck that out. Yeah, being in the healthcare ind. does not help anything. With your reply about eating @ work. is almost like I know more nurses and MDs that smoke, and then tell their clients no to do it. Kind of funny if you ask me. Good luck to you.. Let me know how your week of exercise goes!
  • Hey All I am new to this site. I am an athletic trainer who needs to establish some accountability, thus I joined this site.

Any questions please ask, I need to loos about 15 pounds.

Later
  • Hello From Okinawa Japan. I am new to this site and am still getting the hang of it. I am in an Extreme Fitness Challenge and am required to do a food journal. Any advice or tips will be welcome. Because I'm overseas I will be on at weird times. Sorry.