Growing a bigger booty and thighs

Options
hello everyone, I am hoping I can get some advice on growing a bigger booty and thighs without becoming fat and keeping my tummy flat. I usually do squats but I find that my thighs become large and not my butt. Any food and exercise suggestions. I am hoping to take in more protein and bulk one I deliver my daughter in 2 months. Thanks!

Replies

• mmutluaydin
    mmutluaydin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    There is no food that can grow a certain part of your body (I wish there was :P )
    You can target your glutes with some exercises. However, you should exercise all body parts to keep your posture and grow the muscles accordingly.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Did you mean you delivered your daughter 2 months ago???

But really, your thighs are where you store fat for nursing so that might be why they are getting bigger and I can attest to the fact that while we may start out with a nice firm round butt, pregnancy can cause it drop like it's hot! That does not mean you can't get it back and even get a little bigger one - but I would offer that at this point in time for you, maybe this is not what you should be focusing on. Give yourself about 4-5 weeks postpartum and then start back to working on this.
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Check out The Glute Guy:
    http://bretcontreras.com/
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should wait until you had your baby?? :huh:
  • Angel_Grove_
    Angel_Grove_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Maybe you should wait until you had your baby?? :huh:

Squat lower, do donkey kicks... but mostly, this.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'm confused...so your looking for advice for after you deliver?

I would think you'd want to wait to bulk until you've gotten back down to your pre-pregnancy weight if that was a bulk-appropriate weight/body fat. You could still do a glute geared program like Strong Curves while lose the baby weight. It won't make you grow but will help in retaining muscle and appearance.
  • jessica_lynn5691
    jessica_lynn5691 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm 135 my pre pregnancy weight is 118 which I drop down to in a matter of days, in that aspect very lucky. I shed the weight very fast with my son but I felt so skinny. I'm currently doing squats now and trying to eat more protein based foods
  • jessica_lynn5691
    jessica_lynn5691 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I noticed that my butt has actually grown with this pregnancy so I guess that's why I'm so excited in keeping it lol but yes waiting after she is born is probably best
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I would do a lot of "floor work" which in my terms means isometric excercises and resistance training (no weight lifting). Donkey kicks, leg holds that rely on your glutes, and squats should make your booty grow. However, I would modify and put pillows or something soft in order to protect your baby. What type of squats are you doing? Different squats target different muscles. If you do strength training I would hold off incorporating when you're so close to delivering. :star: : Yay, for you for still taking care of yourself while pregnant. I had a friend that worked out all the way up til delivery and she says that it was a lot easier to deliver in her shape vs before she worked out.
  • ChiliPepperLifter
    ChiliPepperLifter Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Read Strong Curves! It is great. I would bulk with SC, then after you give birth cut, get the fat off.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Rollerblade 3-4 times a week. You'll be surprised how it changes the muscles in your body. Almost as many calories burned as running and far more fun. Also extremely low impact on joints comparable to walking.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    you can't spot increase and not add fat anywhere else, so that is not going to happen.

if you want to gain weight then you need to eat in a 250 calorie surplus per day, and get on some kind of progressive lifting program like strong curves or something similar. You will gain fat, there is no way around it.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Ok, well if the loss after the pregnancy will be that quick and isn't an issue, then you'd need to do a bulk if you'd really like it see some size gain. Recommendations by njd above. You're other option is recomp (thread in the maintenance form). It'll be a longer process than a bulk/cut though to see results. A recomp would be for more subtle long term refining/improvement.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Kexessa wrote: »
    Rollerblade 3-4 times a week. You'll be surprised how it changes the muscles in your body. Almost as many calories burned as running and far more fun. Also extremely low impact on joints comparable to walking.

I don't understand how rollerblading 3-4 times a week is applicable to someone trying to run a bulk....all that is going to do is cause OP's calorie burn to increase, which means she will have to eat more to sustain a surplus. OP only needs about 20-30 minutes a week of moderate cardio when bulking, if that.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yep, I roller blade every day, its wonderful.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Kexessa wrote: »

I don't understand how rollerblading 3-4 times a week is applicable to someone trying to run a bulk....all that is going to do is cause OP's calorie burn to increase, which means she will have to eat more to sustain a surplus. OP only needs about 20-30 minutes a week of moderate cardio when bulking, if that.

When you rollerblade you are in a semi squat the whole time. And you are working all your muscles, even the obliques. Not so much your arms though. But from the muscles along the spine (can't remember what they are called) to your toes, every single one is being worked. To push off, maintain momentum, keep you upright, jumping over obstacles. When you jump you are in a full squat. My quads, calves, butt, hamstrings have all become larger and more defined and I'm not even trying for that. Although it's a nice side benefit. I'm almost 50 years old and my legs and rear have never looked better.

Inline skating is more than just cardio. That's my experience. YMMW.

• _Bropollo_
    _Bropollo_ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Not sure how anybody hasn't mentioned deadlifts.

Deadlifts are the king of glute exercises (and hammies too). Squats are actually better builders for your quads than your butt, but the media seems to have attached to the idea of squats = butt growth for some reason. They DO work your butt, just not nearly as much as deads.

Once you have your baby, I would start incorporating deadlifts into your leg routine.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    _Bropollo_ wrote: »

Deadlifts are the king of glute exercises (and hammies too). Squats are actually better builders for your quads than your butt, but the media seems to have attached to the idea of squats = butt growth for some reason. They DO work your butt, just not nearly as much as deads.

Once you have your baby, I would start incorporating deadlifts into your leg routine.

does strong curves incorporate deads??? I thought it did, which is why I suggested it for OP.
  • _Bropollo_
    _Bropollo_ Posts: 168 Member
    Options

does strong curves incorporate deads??? I thought it did, which is why I suggested it for OP.

Not sure. Just wanted to make sure she was aware of the magic of deadlifts :)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Yea the focus is more on hip thrusts, but he does incorporate different DL variations (mostly Romanian/American and single-leg)