Hey new to all this - 25 year old veggie male looking to kick the beer gut

Options
Hey I'm Jac, 25 years old, gradually put on weight since starting university 6 or 7 years ago. Sometimes I lose it. Sometimes it comes back. Sometimes I look good. Sometimes I don't.

Want to try and shed just under a stone and stay there this time. Kind if for health reasons but also for purely vain ones as well!

I'm a vegetarian. Interested I. Chatting to anyone who can help motivate or wants motivation. Also anyone who is also a veggie and has suggestions for getting enough protein instead of just carbing it up every meal.

Feel free to add me!

-J

Replies

• michaeljscully
    michaeljscully Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm not currently a vegetarian, but I have been. I've been vegan as well. It does get tougher, but there are a lot of delicious but simple ways to get protein as a vegetarian. I found myself making a lot of bean recipes, mixing in flaxseed etc with other foods to give it protein and texture.
  • skbensin
    skbensin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian as well. I have been for about six years now. Feel free to add me and we can trade some recipes and keep each other motivated.
  • jflanaganasl
    jflanaganasl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Another vegetarian here! Add me so we can swap recipes!
  • KrimsonRegret
    KrimsonRegret Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    jac_boj wrote: »
    Hey I'm Jac, 25 years old, gradually put on weight since starting university 6 or 7 years ago. Sometimes I lose it. Sometimes it comes back. Sometimes I look good. Sometimes I don't.

Want to try and shed just under a stone and stay there this time. Kind if for health reasons but also for purely vain ones as well!

I'm a vegetarian. Interested I. Chatting to anyone who can help motivate or wants motivation. Also anyone who is also a veggie and has suggestions for getting enough protein instead of just carbing it up every meal.

Feel free to add me!

-J

Jac,

I'm twenty-two and new to this vegetarian ordeal, so I believe I would need your aid the most on that. That aside, I can definitely help you with weight loss. My weight has been up and down recently due to stress, but I am back on track and loving it! My classes are coming up and I of course cannot wait for the long hours of studying and exercise. Add me if you wouldn't mind and let's help each other. :)
  • teramae
    teramae Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian for 16 years, considering vegan. Back to MFP after recent weight gain (job/stress related). Friend request sent! :)