I need motivation to help me stick with the program!

Options
kme03
kme03 Posts: 14 Member
I have done MFP several times in the past and think it's a great but I have never done the message boards. 2014 was a very difficult time for me and I have gained about 13 - 15 lbs. I lost my son who was only 20 yrs old, my niece who was only 33, a friend who was only 37 and my mother was diagnosed with lung cancer. To say the least, it has been a very difficult and stressful time for me. I have attempted 3 times this year to lose the weight but cannot stick with it and in fact am continuing to gain more. If I do not control it now I know I will keep gaining. I have done weight watchers off and on for over 20 years so I do know what I need to do, I just do not stick with it. I am walking several times a week and occasionally ride my bicycle when the weather is nice out. I would like to lose about 20 lbs. I do have a couple of glasses of wine a night, which might be part of the problem but I do not want to give that up because it helps me to relax. Suggestions, motivations, accountability etc....would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• KrimsonRegret
    KrimsonRegret Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    kme03 wrote: »
    I have done MFP several times in the past and think it's a great but I have never done the message boards. 2014 was a very difficult time for me and I have gained about 13 - 15 lbs. I lost my son who was only 20 yrs old, my niece who was only 33, a friend who was only 37 and my mother was diagnosed with lung cancer. To say the least, it has been a very difficult and stressful time for me. I have attempted 3 times this year to lose the weight but cannot stick with it and in fact am continuing to gain more. If I do not control it now I know I will keep gaining. I have done weight watchers off and on for over 20 years so I do know what I need to do, I just do not stick with it. I am walking several times a week and occasionally ride my bicycle when the weather is nice out. I would like to lose about 20 lbs. I do have a couple of glasses of wine a night, which might be part of the problem but I do not want to give that up because it helps me to relax. Suggestions, motivations, accountability etc....would be greatly appreciated!

Greetings,

Krimson here. I can tell you've gone through a very hard time, and I couldn't imagine going through it myself. However, I would love to help you in getting back on track. What I think you need is some serious organization because you already know what you need to do, you just have a hard time sticking with it.

I am very good at keeping organized, and I just recently got back on track and I am trying out veganism. Perhaps we can be of aid to each other. :)
  • kme03
    kme03 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Sounds good to me. :)