depressed Lonely military spouse

Options
hlboni
hlboni Posts: 2 Member
My husbabd has been gone with the military since april my loneliness and depression have gotten the best of me and I can barley get out of bed let alone work out I cant seem yo get back in my groove any advice would be great

Replies

• andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Speak to a Dr. I also hear the military has support groups for people like you.
  • atruckerswife
    atruckerswife Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes.. Talk to your doctor and Find a support group. I was a trucker's wife and the one thing I told people home alone a lot is find something to do with other people. Gym, hobbies, park, anything that interests you that gets you out of the house. Big hugs, depression isn't something to mess with, get help.
  • BJD56
    BJD56 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear you are having such a tough time. Please follow up with someone.
  • apeydawn423
    apeydawn423 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You do need to get out. I have a friend who after her spouse died she found it hard to be at home so she participated in a lot of Walmart Therapy. She hardly ever bought anything but she would just take her cart and walk around the store! Found plenty of people to chat with along her way!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    If he's in the Army ... call the FRG.
  • emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also suffer from depression and I was at that point of not being able to get out of bed.. It is the hardest thing I've done, defeat depression that is.. I'm still working through it.. Add me and if you ever need to talk I'm here
  • tlblake84
    tlblake84 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Do you have any pets? If not, spending time with a dog or cat can really ease tension. I used to foster for a local rescue. It was very rewarding. Everyone is right about getting out, but with kids at home and depression keeping you down, if that's not possible, maybe bringing a furry four legged friend home may help. Add me if you'd like to talk.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Talk to a doctor. They can recommend a counselor for you to help you keep going.

And pets are actually helpful. They give you a connection to another living being that loves you, and that helps ground you a little. Also, the fact that you have something dependent on you for care means you have to get up, if only to take care of their needs. There had been times where if I hadn't had my cat, I wouldn't have gotten out of bed. And once up, I stayed up because I got momentum going.
  • DBrooks1979
    DBrooks1979 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Check with your husband's unit.. there is usually a "WIFE'S" club.. where the spouses get together and do things a couple times a month... and with all of you being in the same boat.. (Husband's gone) you all are all experiencing the same pains of being alone... some who have been there before may have suggestions on ways to combat it... you might also check with your MWR (morale welfare recreation) place they may have activities you could get involved in while awaiting your hubby's return.

I as a Marine Veteran ... know that ways to combat loneliness is simply.. get up.. go find something you enjoy to do... Movies, Gym, Bike Riding, walking...

Good luck and keep that head up...