Why am I not losing weight?!?

Options
I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be whiny. But it's been a month and a couple weeks since I've started my diet and I've only lost about 6 pounds. I keep exercising, eating right, doing everything perfect and good but I'm not even losing the weight. Why is this? Please help me.

Replies

• _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    Options
    You are loosing weight. You've lost 6 pounds. A month and couple of weeks right? 6 weeks. I pound a week which is the perfect rate to loose.
    If you mostly lost that in the first couple of weeks and are now stuck, are you eating enough? Drinking enough water?
  • FocusPlease
    FocusPlease Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    ARe you eating too few calories? Sometimes that can cause you to hold onto the weight. Make sure you're eating all your calories and not going below your basal metabolic rate (BMR).

Good luck and hang in there!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    it took time to gain the weight, it'll take time to take it off. keep doing what you're doing. 6 pounds in a little over a month is great! try making some small changes, they add up fast ♥ like increasing your water, fiber, fruits, & veggies & decreasing your sodium & be more active in your daily activities. the scale will keep moving.
  • antijen
    antijen Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that you're losing a pound a week. That's pretty good! In fact, losing at this rate is very healthy and increases the odds that you're going to keep it off for the long haul. You're doing well! Perfectly even. Don't beat yourself up over issues that aren't even issues.
  • antijen
    antijen Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Sorry. Duplicate of my last post.

Good luck and keep up the good work!
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    you're losing on average one pound a week right? That's perfect!! To lose it too quickly means it's probably easier to put back on....I look at it like a lifestyle change rather than a diet. Well done on that 6 lb, great weight loss :bigsmile:
  • NaturalCon
    NaturalCon Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    6lbs isn't anything to sneer at! :)
    I'm in a similar situation, but I'm definitely feeling a difference in the way my clothes fit, and I know that my fitness is improving.

Have you got any small things you've noticed changing, but not relating to your weight?

Stick with it! If you know you're eating right, and you're exercising, it can't be doing you harm, and I'm betting you'll start to see things moving again. And slow and steady wins the race, after all!
  • MerryKhaos
    MerryKhaos Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Everything that they said! Plus, are you mixing up your workout routine? Our bodies are machines and will get used to workouts (i sprint 5 hrs a week on roller skates and I plateaued too).

So be patient, mix it up and keep using a fitness and calorie counter! Its been an eye opener.

(and think of 1 lb a week in 6 months!)
  • swtacetrace
    Options
    I ask myself this question a lot and sometimes I'm even afraid to step on the scale for fear of being discouraged. I have been exercising and FEELING better and fitting into clothes I wouldn't have been caught in a month ago. I look at my stomach in the mirror and I know its getting smaller/flatter. I don't need a scale to tell me otherwise! It sounds like you are doing great and shedding some pounds so don't depend on the scale to boost your mood. I say hide it for a month! You don't want to lose weight too fast anyway.. you might get saggy skin if you do! =P
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    I've been working out RELIGOUSLY since Feb ... I've lost 3lbs ... enjoy the victory you have thus far and keep working!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    You're doing fine! Remember, like someone else said, you didn't gain the weight in 2 months. So of course it's going to take longer than that to lose it. Just keep at it. You'll get there!
  • Queendeo
    Queendeo Posts: 2
    Options
    You may be gaining muscle with your work outs, muscle tends to be heavier then fat. Gauge how you are doing by how your clothes fit, don't concentrate on the number on the scale. If you feel good and your clothes fit better/different then you are going forward. Keep up the good work!
  • bjscmg
    bjscmg Posts: 77
    Options
    You may be gaining muscle with your work outs, muscle tends to be heavier then fat. Gauge how you are doing by how your clothes fit, don't concentrate on the number on the scale. If you feel good and your clothes fit better/different then you are going forward. Keep up the good work!

Myth...muscle does not weigh more than fat! They weigh the same muscle just takes up less room. 5 lbs of muscle or 5 lbs of fat is still 5 lbs!