Fell off the band wagon :(

Options
So after losing a significant amount of weight. The last two weeks I seem to have completely fallen off the band wagon completely. Still being careful ish but not really caring and definitely have no motivation for getting any exercise And I started with loads. I'm getting married in 13 months and that should be motivation enough I know but I just cnt seem to get the exercise I need :( I need to go from an 18 to a 12 by August

Replies

• Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    It is August already!
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Oh wait, duhhhh lol. Next year August. Don't worry, though, for real! I will have a bad few days, and then get back on track :D
  • apeydawn423
    apeydawn423 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Post yourself notes! Photos of your dream dress. No one can do this but you. I am on a mission to lose weight before my 25th wedding anniversary. You can do this, it's a mental game you are playing with yourself and you have to be strong enough to tell yourself how this is going to be done and do it! Good luck!
  • miss_tasha23
    miss_tasha23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend and I had bought Fitbit charges. They really helped give us the motivation we needed. They don't just track your steps. You set all types of goals and there are challenges. Ex: "workweek hustle" you can add other people who have fitbits and add them to your challenge and the person who gets the most steps by the end of the week wins. We have fun with it. It tracks your sleep which is pretty cool. And like I said you set your own goals such as how many steps you wanna take in a day and calories you take in and so on and so forth. You also download an app to your phone that syncs to your watch so you can log all of your progress and goals. I fell off the wagon too moving and all but before i was doing really good and had lost like 12lbs in a month. They can be a bit pricey, but I totally recommend it. I think they are worth it. Good luck!
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Shake it off and get back on the wagon. I had a fortnight like this recently. I was sick, injured, grumpy and just not feeling it. But it made me feel worse not keeping to my usual routine so I'm back with it. You don't have to exercise to lose weight. Diet for weight loss, exercise for fitness. You can do this!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Yesterday is over, get moving today! Post a picture of yourself naked on the bathroom mirror, eating something. Heck blow it up if you have to. You've got this.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    So, you had a setback. Big whup. Happens to most people. You have to get it in gear and back on the weight loss wagon.

You can totally go from an 18 to a 12 in a year, but you'd best get to hoppin because it doesn't come as fast after a few months as it does at first.

Start now. Don't quit. This time next year, you'll be in a 12. :)
  • jtate0212
    jtate0212 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    No biggie! It happens to.the best of us. Get up and get back on. You can do this!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    A little mixing of metaphors here. Motivation comes from inside yourself and a strong desire for something in the future that is worth more than a little satisfaction today. In any event, it doesn't come with any "shoulds."
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    chinny88 wrote: »
    So after losing a significant amount of weight. The last two weeks I seem to have completely fallen off the band wagon completely. Still being careful ish but not really caring and definitely have no motivation for getting any exercise And I started with loads. I'm getting married in 13 months and that should be motivation enough I know but I just cnt seem to get the exercise I need :( I need to go from an 18 to a 12 by August

You don't have to exercise to lose weight. Especially not a lot of cardio. Eat a calorie deficit, start a lifting program, and you'll be just fine. Buy a food scale, weigh all your solid foods, log them, and you'll lose the weight. Promise. Even with continuing to eat all the foods you like, as long as you stick to the calorie deficit.
    Also read the first post in this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    yup. you posted it so that shows motivation. get back on it. you are going to look fantastic in your wedding dress.
  • ellerist
    ellerist Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You *can* do this. I went from a size 16 to size 12 in 3 months. I started out walking half a mile a day but didn't start tracking food till June. I walk daily and did a 6 mile walk yesterday, a record for me! The way I look at it, I've come too far to let all my effort and sweat go to waste. There is the occasional day I go over my calorie allotment but it is always a considered choice and I don't beat myself up over that. When I head out to exercise, it isn't a debate within myself whether to go or not. I put on the clothes and shoes and just leave the house. I still have a little ways to go to reach my interim goal (hopefully in the next 3 months) and my longer term goal by Spring.

The important thing is to make a start - some walking daily or other exercise and definitely, logging and weighing every morsel. Very best of luck to you!!
  • melodicraven
    melodicraven Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You sound like maybe you're a little bit stressed out. I know I sure would be if I was getting married in a year. Maybe it's time to take a little more time for yourself. Pamper yourself. Get your hair done. Read your favorite book. Take a long walk on a sunny day and just enjoy the sunshine. Make sure you're getting enough sleep. When we take care of ourselves, the harder stuff, like exercise and eating on plan, gets a lot easier. :)
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You call it "falling off the bandwagon," I call it "taking a break for living." My point: while there is definitely a beginning to this, there's no end. Because after the loss there is maintenance. And that's forever. So... You're allowed to live a little bit from time to time. Hopefully you had some good food. Now back to a mindful lifestyle again. And this will be your cycle (and mine) for infinity.

Oh... And 18-12 in a year is no problem. I've gone from an 18 to a very loose 10 in just about 6 months.

Good luck!!
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I was fortunate enough to spend a weekend at a well known wellness center in June. One of the excercises we did showed us that there can be different paths to the same result. What stuck with me most was the concept that if you were driving somewhere and took a wrong turn or got lost, you wouldn't go back to where you started, you would get back on the road to where you want to go! This simple concept (which I never had grasped in all my years of "dieting") had really helped me! You can get there even with a wrong turn or two!!
  • elarian
    elarian Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Two weeks!? That's nothing. Charge yourself up and refocus! You can do this!
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! I went from a size 24 dress to a 12 in 11 months! Started last september. U got this just have to focus. Squeeze in exercise when u can. Weigh and log your food. Keep yourself accountable. Slip ups happen. Log it and move on.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    What makes you want to stop exercising?

For me, the benefit of eating more and still maintaining a deficit is enough of a reason to do it every day. Just walking for a few miles will still burn calories and increase your deficit.

92152203.png