Why has MFP upped my calorie intake?

Options
This is day 12 of my diet and until now ive had a calorie minimum of 1200 per day, this morning it says 1330?!!
Can someone please explain to me why MFP has done this without me changing my goals?
Thanks

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,112 Member
    Options
    Did you do some exercise that you added in to MFP? It will credit you with more calories to eat. More energy expended means you need to create more energy.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Did you log exercise?
  • clarehaines
    Options
    I logged yesterdays exercise but nothing for today.... it seems its not to do with the volume I earn back from exercise, its the minimum intake thats all of a sudden changed this morning.... did it happen to you guys?
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Mine is normal.

Are you sure you didn't accidently put yesterdays exercise in for today? Check your log.

Otherwise...I have no idea!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    You may have inadvertantly entered a weigh in incorrectly. Go to Weigh In, at the bottom click Edit Previous Entries and check to make sure they are all correct.

If that is correct, then go to Settings, Update Diet/Fitness Profile and make sure your info and settings there are correct.
  • Iamgiam
    Iamgiam Posts: 38
    Options
    did you close off yesterdays input ?

I found that if you forget to end the day any extra you had spare carried on to the next day if you didn' t hit the big green button..
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

I found that if you forget to end the day any extra you had spare carried on to the next day if you didn' t hit the big green button..

no they don't

either it's
    1. exercise on the wrong day
    2. wrong weigh-in entered
    3. accidentally changed goals from 2 lbs per week to something lower

#3 is a good thing. Set it at 1 lb, 1200 is too low anyways...
  • Iamgiam
    Iamgiam Posts: 38
    Options

no they don't

either it's
    1. exercise on the wrong day
    2. wrong weigh-in entered
    3. accidentally changed goals from 2 lbs per week to something lower

#3 is a good thing. Set it at 1 lb, 1200 is too low anyways...

Well all I can say then is its a page glitch.. as I saw what I saw..
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Hi, that happened to me one day when I played with the settings on my iPhone - little did I know that it was syncing something I didn't ask for to the server, suddenly I had an extra 50 calories a day... if you have the app, this may have happened.