Looking for Motivating Friends :)

Options
2»

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Welcome back ....Congrats on your 10lb loss ....wishing you more success ..feel free to add me :)
  • sirose92
    sirose92 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Omg thank you everyone! Every person I've come into contact with on here is so supportive and motivating! It's wonderful! I'll add each of you now :)
  • ljziegler2014
    ljziegler2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love the motivational friends. I just started again I tried last year and from then until now I gained 14 pounds so now I am really trying to lose enough weight to reach my goal!
  • kme03
    kme03 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had a devastating year in 2014 and gained weight which I was wanting to shed a few even before. This is my third attempt this year to lose weight but I cannot seem to stick with the program. I have used myfitnesspal many times but have never used the community post and would also love to have support from others! Maybe that will keep me motivated. But I'm not exactly sure how it works. Do I just add friend or is there a chat page???
  • sirose92
    sirose92 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have added and am going to add all of you to help with your support and motivation as well! Thanks to everyone!!

kme03, if you're on a desk/laptop then just go to the "community" tab like you did to get to my post (same box as where you log your food and exercise, etc). Then click on "message boards". That will take you to a bunch of different links. You want to click on the "Introduce Yourself" tab and that will take you to a bunch of people who have made posts like this one! If you want to make your own, there's a little green button that says "Create" and just click it and you can write your own post! If you're on a mobile phone, then do all the steps I've already said but instead of hitting the "create" button, there should be a little pencil or pen figure that you can click on and it will let you make a post :) Hope that helps and it's not too confusing! :blush:
  • michaeljscully
    michaeljscully Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I keep using MFP for a while then stopping, too. Definitely want to keep the motivation coming!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    kme03 wrote: »
    I had a devastating year in 2014 and gained weight which I was wanting to shed a few even before. This is my third attempt this year to lose weight but I cannot seem to stick with the program. I have used myfitnesspal many times but have never used the community post and would also love to have support from others! Maybe that will keep me motivated. But I'm not exactly sure how it works. Do I just add friend or is there a chat page???

To add friends just click on the person's picture and it will take you to their profile there will be a green tab that says add friend click on there (if you are on a computer/laptop) I am not sure about adding friends from a smartphone

• kme03
    kme03 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you ms_smartypants and sirose92 for your help! And I will introduce myself on the message board.
  • revolutiontruth
    revolutiontruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello. I've been on here for a couple weeks and have been doing well so far but I'd like to have some friends on here for motivation and to keep it interesting. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • ShellH1987
    ShellH1987 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Add me :)
  • Indie_LadyFish
    Indie_LadyFish Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I've been in here on and off for three years, this is the first time I've added friends and it's such a difference. Feel free to add me!!
  • horsehelpnow
    horsehelpnow Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have been on and off mfp for over 3 yrs as well. Would enjoy having some motivated friends. Feel free to add me.
  • paigek214
    paigek214 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I need all the motivating friends I can get! Been on and off for a little over a year and I've always felt my best when I'm on and doing the right things. I need people to help keep me on track and need me to do the same :) Feel free to add me - I love to talk...
  • merchurchill
    merchurchill Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! The more friends the merrier!
  • livluvlift
    livluvlift Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp! Sent a request :smile:
  • lenebop
    lenebop Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Need motivation and support :)
  • redcoup
    redcoup Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sirose92 wrote: »
    Hi all!

I have been on MFP on and off for the past three years and feel like I am finally ready to lose and keep the weight off for good! I went through a breakup about 5 months ago and realized that that was the last time I was on MFP and unfortunately I gained 15 pounds! Thankfully because of my realization, I've been eating healthy and working out 5 times a week for the past 3 weeks and have lost 10 of those lbs!

What I would love is some more friends to go through this adventure with! So if you've reached your goal and need help keeping the weight off, are just starting out or are half way there, I'd love to be your friend! Let's do this together! :)

Feel free to add me I am about 17lbs from goal. Lost 30. Just got so tired of being over weight. Now shopping is so much fun again.
  • jadowns
    jadowns Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    WTG! Feel free, anyone, to add me.
  • alisha24bud
    alisha24bud Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just starting out and I gave long journey ahead! would love some motivational friends and support! Complete newbie so still trying to figure this out!
  • sgirl115
    sgirl115 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! ❤❤❤