the benefits of cinnamon!!

Options
Hey guys! I found this article online and thought id share:

"Cinnamon, which has been in use since about 2700 BC, is known to be an exceptional antioxidant. The oil of cinnamon has strong antibacterial and anti fungal properties. Cinnamon is also known to be an excellent source of manganese, fiber, iron and calcium. Cinnamon has been used in home remedies to: reduce blood sugar levels in type II diabetics, lower cholesterol, aid in digestion, treat diarrhea, fight the common cold, reduce the pain of arthritis, boost memory, treat toothaches and eliminate bad breath as well as cure headaches and migraine pain. It is also been indicated for abdominal pain, Candida, asthma, constipation, dysmenorrhea, excessive menstruation, parasites and for the treatment of passive internal bleeding."

read how to "use" it here: http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5387268_cinnamon-lower-blood-pressure.html

and its so good as a substitute for sugar!!! :)

Replies

• fowlmeli1093
    fowlmeli1093 Posts: 199
    Options
    Improve memory? Awesome...
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I love cinnamon :) I sprinkle it in my black coffee, in my cereal, in my yogurt, oatmeal, on my fruit, or anything that floats my boat that day!
  • Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    I add a teaspoon to my coffee every morning!
  • SlimJacqui
    SlimJacqui Posts: 29
    Options
    Its amazing what benefits can be found in natural foods, I did not realise cinnamon had so many healing properties.
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Funnily enough I received this email today from Flylady!

"You know the old adage, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away?" Well, there's a lot of truth to that saying! There's also a lot of truth to that apple keeping your plumbing active, both in your body and your house, LOL.

Let's just say in conversation with FlyLady that we both agreed apples were excellent for that type of "work". But there's more to it than just the fact that apples have fiber. It's the type of fiber, pectin. Pectin in the apple that is so amazing, it acts as a sponge to do a "swish and swipe" on your digestive tract. Apples are like mini detoxes—they carry away stuff you don't want (like bad cholesterol) in your digestive system and sweep your body clean. Apples are remarkable.

Add to your crunchy apple snack, a 1/2 teaspoon of pure cinnamon (no sugar) and you have an incredible 2-fisted healthy/nutritional punch and it tastes like apple pie without the crust. Cinnamon is nature's blood glucose metabolizer. Did you know that in tests done by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, cinnamon was confirmed for its ability to increase your body's glucose metabolism by almost 20 times? 20 times! All diabetics should take note—this is powerful stuff (talk to your doctor first).

As your nutritionist, I strongly recommend an apple a day (organic if you can), sprinkled with a little cinnamon.

Help your body detoxify, clean itself up and lower your blood sugar with this simple snack!"

I am happy to say that I DO EVERY DAY!!!!!!
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal (cooked with water) with a dash of skim milk, spoon of cinnamon and brown sugar.

Amazing.
  • _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    Options
    I adore cinnamon! I have a teaspoon in a cup of hot skimmed milk, with just one tsp of sugar or sweetener. Whisk it until its super foamy mmmm!