Bad eating no weight gain

Options
CarlosSoriano
CarlosSoriano Posts: 12 Member
edited August 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
i am just a little confused i have been doing great dieting and exercising and I have managed to lose weight but I was also put on a medicine called metformin for my diabetes , now I recently went on vacation and I messed up big time for 10 days or so I fell into a slump and are whatever I wanted almost between 4-5k calories a day so I was so mad at myself but when I got home today my weight was the same how is that possible ? Is it the medicine metformin? Someone please help

Replies

• AriesGal329
    AriesGal329 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I would talk to your doctor about this since it involves medication. Probably not a lot of people here are qualified to answer this. I will say, that for me it takes a couple weeks for food I've eaten to "show". Meaning if I were on vacation and overdid it all week, it probably wouldn't show up on the scale right away..it might take a week's time.
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad. My parents were staying with me for almost 3 months... And I ate cupcakes (by the box), Rice Krispies squares, chocolate bars, ice cream, peach rings and other junk EVERYDAY for 3 MONTHS STRAIGHT!!!! Gained back the last 10 pounds that I worked so hard to lose. Ok sure, I feel bad about it, but what's done is done. Now I just have to get back on track. At least it was only 10 days. Enjoy everything you did on vacation, now that it's over you can get back on track
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    i am just a little confused i have been doing great dieting and exercising and I have managed to lose weight but I was also put on a medicine called metformin for my diabetes , now I recently went on vacation and I messed up big time for 10 days or so I fell into a slump and are whatever I wanted almost between 4-5k calories a day so I was so mad at myself but when I got home today my weight was the same how is that possible ? Is it the medicine metformin? Someone please help

Hard to tell. We're you more active on vacation? That could have offset the increase. Did you actually count the calories or are you estimating? What's your maintenance calorie level? One of the side effects of metformin is intestinal issues. If You Have experienced that, it could factor in too.
  • CarlosSoriano
    Options
    I wasn't as active but I still maintained active , I did count calories and the average came out between 4-5k I did however go to the bathroom a lot more specially after I ate anything out of the normal , also my maintenance level is between 1200 and 1500
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I wasn't as active but I still maintained active , I did count calories and the average came out between 4-5k I did however go to the bathroom a lot more specially after I ate anything out of the normal , also my maintenance level is between 1200 and 1500

As a man, it's extremely unlikely that your maintenance level is 1200-1500 calories. Did you mean that's how much you usually eat to lose? Even then, that's very low. 1500 should be the minimum for a man. I hope that if you are usually eating that little, you're being closely medically supervised.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you were eating at maintenance.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

As a man, it's extremely unlikely that your maintenance level is 1200-1500 calories. Did you mean that's how much you usually eat to lose? Even then, that's very low. 1500 should be the minimum for a man. I hope that if you are usually eating that little, you're being closely medically supervised.

I agree with this. Maintenance of 1200-1500 for a man is extremely unlikely.

You were probably eating at maintenance.
  • CarlosSoriano
    Options
    I am sorry I am new to this that's what I am eating currently to lose wait , at first I thought it was to little but I feel like I eat a lot and really no hungry but my maintenance is 3000