Replies

• Niyahdenise
    Niyahdenise Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Why do you feel lost ? Try to change up your routine
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be snarky here, but I don't think motivation will help you as much as determination.

Motivation- A motivating force, stimulus, or influence; incentive; drive.

Determination- The act of deciding definitely and firmly; firm or fixed intention to achieve a desired end.

Motivation might get you though the first 6 days of losing weight . . . determination will keep you going after 6 months.
  • sherrolta
    sherrolta Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thks..niyahdenisr its all new to me but giving up is not an option ....
  • CrystalLaureano
    CrystalLaureano Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have A Facebook fitness group if you'd like to join let me know! We are there to support and share triumphs and help with struggles :)
  • MissJay75
    Options
    sherrolta wrote: »
    Thks..niyahdenisr its all new to me but giving up is not an option ....

That's the determination I was talking about!

Are you feeling overwhelmed because everything is new? Are you dealing with too much information or not enough? Without knowing more specifics, my best general advice is this:

1) Go to the 'getting started' section of the forum. Click the post called "Most helpful posts - getting started (must reads) http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177907/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest Read through them all at a pace that you can process them. That might mean it takes you a couple days or weeks to get through them. That's OK.

2) If you are feeling like it's too much to handle, start small. One of the easiest ways to derail yourself is to try and make changes that aren't sustainable. If you are racing to your goal weigh as fast as you can so you can get back to eating __________ again, your mindset about this whole journey is backwards.

3) Find some way to move more and burn some extra calories. Try lots of things, ideally you will find something you enjoy and can look forward to doing.

4) Learn your body, your strengths, your weaknesses. Everyone here has a different story. Some people swear by eating at certain times, or eating certain foods. Others will tell you the exact opposite. You need to find what works for you. Sometimes you learn this by finding out what doesn't work. That's OK.
  • MissJay75
    Options
    Ceccymontes, what happens when you stop taking isagenix? How will you keep the weight off if you haven't learned how to handle your appetite, cravings, and real food in the real world?