Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hey new to all this - 25 year old veggie male looking to kick the beer gut

Hey I'm Jac, 25 years old, gradually put on weight since starting university 6 or 7 years ago. Sometimes I lose it. Sometimes it comes back. Sometimes I look good. Sometimes I don't.

Want to try and shed just under a stone and stay there this time. Kind if for health reasons but also for purely vain ones as well!

I'm a vegetarian. Interested I. Chatting to anyone who can help motivate or wants motivation. Also anyone who is also a veggie and has suggestions for getting enough protein instead of just carbing it up every meal.

Feel free to add me!

-J

Replies

• michaeljscully
    michaeljscully Posts: 11 Member
    I'm not currently a vegetarian, but I have been. I've been vegan as well. It does get tougher, but there are a lot of delicious but simple ways to get protein as a vegetarian. I found myself making a lot of bean recipes, mixing in flaxseed etc with other foods to give it protein and texture.
  • skbensin
    skbensin Posts: 6 Member
    I am vegetarian as well. I have been for about six years now. Feel free to add me and we can trade some recipes and keep each other motivated.
  • jflanaganasl
    jflanaganasl Posts: 40 Member
    Another vegetarian here! Add me so we can swap recipes!
  • KrimsonRegret
    KrimsonRegret Posts: 6 Member
    jac_boj wrote: »
    Hey I'm Jac, 25 years old, gradually put on weight since starting university 6 or 7 years ago. Sometimes I lose it. Sometimes it comes back. Sometimes I look good. Sometimes I don't.

Want to try and shed just under a stone and stay there this time. Kind if for health reasons but also for purely vain ones as well!

I'm a vegetarian. Interested I. Chatting to anyone who can help motivate or wants motivation. Also anyone who is also a veggie and has suggestions for getting enough protein instead of just carbing it up every meal.

Feel free to add me!

-J

Jac,

I'm twenty-two and new to this vegetarian ordeal, so I believe I would need your aid the most on that. That aside, I can definitely help you with weight loss. My weight has been up and down recently due to stress, but I am back on track and loving it! My classes are coming up and I of course cannot wait for the long hours of studying and exercise. Add me if you wouldn't mind and let's help each other. :)
  • teramae
    teramae Posts: 78 Member
    Vegetarian for 16 years, considering vegan. Back to MFP after recent weight gain (job/stress related). Friend request sent! :)