Night Shift...

Options
Any night shift workers out there? I work at Amazon Fulfillment and am on my feet walking 9.5 hours four-five nights a week... dependent on if we have mandatory overtime. I'm just not sure how to log my food since I sleep during the day. I eat a meal before I go to work. A small snack at work and lunch and another small snack on the way home. I don't have time for anything else. My commute is an hour there and an hour back. Suggestions? Healthy pack ahead lunches? How should I log...

Replies

• MsChucktowski
    MsChucktowski Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Not a night shift worker, but I don't really eat specific meals (breakfast lunch etc)

If you click the MY HOME tab, then go to Settings, then Diary Settings, you can change the title of the meals. I have mine set as spans of time, such as 5am-8am, 8am-11am, etc. You could do something similar, then you can just log your food in the time frame that you eat it.
  • Nightnurse33
    Nightnurse33 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    On the Job Now! I work 12-16 hr shifts. I eat ALL my food here at work except for my "morning" coffe at 3pm when I get up. I bring in frozen meals and it works for me. Since I work the long shift I just switch the PM to AM and all is well. So my breakfest is at 8PM and lunch is at 12MN and dinner is at 5AM. I too have a hour drive each way.
  • buckmaster299
    buckmaster299 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I work nights and I look at my meals just as a daytime worker would. When I wake up, my first meal is breakfast 2nd is lunch and 3rd is dinner.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Re lunch: when you cook during your two days off, make bigger meals so that you can portion some for the freezer to take to work for lunch and snacks during the week. Other ideas are to bring yogurt/cottage cheese/ricotta cheese with some almonds or chia seeds and some fruit. Easiest things to pack include dried/canned/ fresh fruit with cheese and nuts like peanuts or walnuts.
    My go to lunch is garbanzo beans or split pea soup. Also I like applesauce because it is easy to carry.
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Im a night shift. I changed the names of my meals in the settings. I usually eat my first meal at 11am. Then dinner at 5 and have anything I eat at work labeled as work. Snacks are anything I eat between all of that. I dont pay eat at specific times its just kinda how it falls so I went with it. I only sleep a few hours 5 days a weeks as I have kids that are home so I cant get a lt of sleep but It all works out.
  • thetoughequus
    thetoughequus Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just log midnight to midnight regardless of whether I'm at work for the night or not, I'm in a warehouse as well. I log as follows:
    1am break: lunch
    4am break: small snack
    7:30/8am: after jog snack
    3/4pm: breakfast
    7/8pm: dinner