Calories in plain scone?

Options
niamh211
niamh211 Posts: 150 Member
does anyone know how many calories would be in a plain white scone?

Replies

• dannylovingjenna2015
    Options
    145kcal :)
  • niamh211
    Options
    Would that be for 100g
  • dannylovingjenna2015
    Options
    Is the scone homemade?
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    If the scone is home made- log all the ingredients in the recipe builder and log that.

If it's from a restaurant/bakery see if it is in the data base already. If not, look on the bakery website and if they have the information- add it to the data base.

If they don't have the data listed, find a bigger chain ( ie- Starbucks) in the data base and try to log something as similar as you can find.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The Starbucks scones are monstrous (450 calories). It really depends on the size of your scone.
  • niamh211
    Options
    There ones I get on Dunnes
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Dunnes has several entries in the database for scones, are they not the right type?
  • niamh211
    Options
    ultrahoon wrote: »
    Dunnes has several entries in the database for scones, are they not the right type?

I couldn't find the just plain ones but I tink it is cuisine de France brand
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Depends on who has made that scone, they range from being around 160 cals to 300 cals.
    Lidl make these yummy cranberry and orange ones, they are around 256 cals. They are a pretty big scone too.
  • niamh211
    Options
    Depends on who has made that scone, they range from being around 160 cals to 300 cals.
    Lidl make these yummy cranberry and orange ones, they are around 256 cals. They are a pretty big scone too.

They are cuisin de France ones I tink