Pain :(

Options
So I started squats into my small workout routine nothing major just doing a small amount and working the # of them up each day .. it's been to days and the front of my thighs hurt so bad I barely can sit and stand or strech.. is that normal? :'(

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Maybe
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    stretch and foam roll. Your muscles just need to get used to the new load.
  • Tess_Christine
    Tess_Christine Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    What foam roll?
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Look on youtube for instructional videos on how to foam roll your calves. You can get a foam roller from almost any store these days, or on amazon.
  • Tess_Christine
    Options
    Okay thank yoi! I thought I completely messed up squats ... <3
  • techinteaching
    techinteaching Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    No form roll? Roller pin will work.. roll the length of the sore muscle ( knee to hip & hip to knee). Small sore spot? Tennis balls work great!
    And keep doing the squats! 3x a week. .. I started with only body weight and now add extra in my routine. .. (ps .. I'm over 50) and can squat 150# >:)
  • Tess_Christine
    Options
    That's AMAZING to hear! I feel so weak now lol I'm 20 and complaining .. but I don't know much about working out I'm kind of starting at a blind spot and taking pointers, so 3x a week? Someone said if you don't do it everyday and test 1 day a week your not actually working out.. I found that very harsh :pensive:
  • Northernlight03
    Northernlight03 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Also just double check you are doing them correctly and putting your weight on your heals....first time I did it my legs where killing me, so I looked into it and I wasn't doing it correctly now they still hurt but in a good way!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    That's AMAZING to hear! I feel so weak now lol I'm 20 and complaining .. but I don't know much about working out I'm kind of starting at a blind spot and taking pointers, so 3x a week? Someone said if you don't do it everyday and test 1 day a week your not actually working out.. I found that very harsh :pensive:

I'm not sure who said that but s/he was wrong. 3x a week is plenty, especially for a beginner. Even with them being bodyweight squats that is plenty for now. When you have been doing them for awhile you can do more if you want to but it's not necessary.

• XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

I'm not sure who said that but s/he was wrong. 3x a week is plenty, especially for a beginner. Even with them being bodyweight squats that is plenty for now. When you have been doing them for awhile you can do more if you want to but it's not necessary.

+1000