Ladies who do Turbo Fire

Options
What shoes do you wear?

My nice expensive asics: Great for being on my feet all day and running, horrible for anything else.

Ive been using this cheap pair of tennis shoes I got forever ago at payless: Theyre great for EVERYTHING, but lately my feet are really starting to hurt after these workouts, especially from all the pivoting.

Anyone found anything that keeps the feet happy?

Replies

• SilentRenegade
    SilentRenegade Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue when I was doing Insanity. What I found works for me is... well... doing it barefoot. It's especially nice on a carpeted surface or sometimes I was doing it on a rubber mat. All of my foot pain went away when I did this. I was thinking about trying TurboFire, how is it?
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with any at-home dvd workout. I too am using an old pair that do okay... but curious to hear responses.
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    I haven't yet... excited to see others responses.

I did get some inserts which helped a ton with my knees hurting. Another thing that helps with pivots if you have carpet is putting mailing tape on the balls of your shoes -- it really helps to keep your feet from sticking to the carpet!
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    Nike Shox Black and pink (Boings) I had a problem with shin splints and thought that working out without shoes would help....UMMM NO.I will NEVER do that again.These shoes are GREAT!!
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    I had the same issue when I was doing Insanity. What I found works for me is... well... doing it barefoot. It's especially nice on a carpeted surface or sometimes I was doing it on a rubber mat. All of my foot pain went away when I did this. I was thinking about trying TurboFire, how is it?

Its challenging! Im not sure how it will be for you, because if you can finish insanity, it might be too easy for you lol. Its fun though. I have to push myself and struggle to get through the long classes (its pure vigorous cardio all the way), but I love the HIIT workouts. Im sure it will get easier when I get more used to it. Feel free to add me and let me know if you try it!

Its weird, I find going barefoot is worse. The pivoting on carpet doesn't work for me at all.
  • SilentRenegade
    SilentRenegade Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I was using the Nike shock sneakers and they made my feet hurt really bad from the side to side movements. They're great for running, walking, etc., but when I was doing plyometrics and side to side heismans or whatever was in Insanity... my feet were on FIRE. As soon as I took my shoes off I stopped having the pain and didn't have issues with shin splints.

And sadly I did not get to finish Insanity :( I was about a week and a half, two weeks in, and then I fell of a horse and jacked up my shoulder and ribs. I couldn't even lift computers at work for a week or so (including laptops D:) I'm thinking about going back to it, I really enjoyed it and I got better with it everyday, but I do get bored with exercise DVDs because I feel like I'm doing the same thing over and over, which is why I'm thinking about mixing it up a bit.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I wear Nike Free TR fit... they are perfect for Turbo Fire!
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    I wear Nike Free TR fit... they are perfect for Turbo Fire!

Should have known to go straight to the expert lol. Thanks angela!
  • daniedee81
    daniedee81 Posts: 155
    Options
    so i know i could probably jump higher with shoes on, but i do all my workouts barefoot but on carpet! this sounds really silly but i have flat feet with no arch whatsoever. when i wear shoes it just kills me feet and i feel like i have to take a break! right now i'm still able to reach 90% intensity but when that starts to decrease, i'll probably use running shoes so i can jump higher.

ps. i have the gel asics....i kinda love them. they are the only shoes that don't give me foot pain while running!
  • Last_15
    Last_15 Posts: 129
    Options
    Nike Shox helped with the foot pain, but I still got horrible shin splints when I did the jumping parts. Now I just modify it (no more jumping for me:sad: :sad: ).
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    IMO, you need to find a good fitness shoe that is designed for aerobic activity. This means that a running shoe is not designed for a program such as Turbo Fire. Your shoe needs to provide good side to side (lateral) stability (a running shoe does not offer this) and cushioning in the forefoot so that would you jump and land on the ball of your foot, your shoes help with the impact.

I currently have a pair of Asics and a pair of Nike shoes that I rotate. I like them both, though I think the Asics are going to outlast the Nike pair.
  • kellyfultz
    kellyfultz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have worn Asics, Nike Shox & Nike Free for Turbo Fire workouts - the best ones for me are Nike Shox. My sister-in-law likes cross trainers for Turbo Fire best. I guess it all depends on the individual. Chalene most always has on Shox.
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    :
    Nike Shox helped with the foot pain, but I still got horrible shin splints when I did the jumping parts. Now I just modify it (no more jumping for me:sad: :sad: ).

I also got shin splints..i just worked through the pain.took about 2 weeks:sad: I wear them for Turbo Fire and walking and have no problems anymore:smile: