Need to lose 100+ lbs!

Options
Psyche3838
Psyche3838 Posts: 25 Member
Hi, my name is Casey and I'm looking for friends with similar goals to help keep each other motivated and inspired! Please feel free to add me if you'd like to join me in my journey of ups and downs to reach my goal of losing of 172 lbs... It's gonna be a long road, and i'm ready...but I need your help! Let's do this! ;)

Replies

• turnbow_01
    turnbow_01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I also need to lose 100lbs
  • jessicafrick0513
    jessicafrick0513 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose 100+ pounds, good to have some support!
  • Psyche3838
    Psyche3838 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the post, I was just looking for friends with similar goals!. No need to get offended by it or spam me... No one is making you read my discussion. Lol. Anyway, thanks all! :)
  • lalady225
    lalady225 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Trying to start this journey as well
  • ala109
    ala109 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me too! Ill add you!
  • whiteblossom14
    whiteblossom14 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi I don't work in lbs but I have to lose 30+ kgs which I think would be a few pounds
  • Sheri2016
    Sheri2016 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Yes me too! add me as well :smile:
  • murraylu
    murraylu Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, Casey, and everyone else! My name is Sally. First of all, let me both applaud you for making the decision to get healthier and assure you that it can be done. About 8 years ago, I lost over 70 lbs. and have kept that weight off ever since (and, I find, I don't have any problems keeping it off.) I can't tell you how to do it; I can only tell you about how I did it and hope that you find a tip or two that might resonate with you. I know lots of tips that worked for me, but things will be different for you, so you will have to find your own way. I didn't lose weight quickly; I used a series of small steps to change how I ate and increase my overall movement. It took me about 2 years, but, as I said, I truly changed my life and have not had any problems keeping the weight off. My first tip for you is both mental and emotional: find the things that you like most about yourself and praise yourself daily for your intrinsic good qualities (both physical and character-driven.) When you are about to make a big change in your life, it is important to be kind to yourself. You are attempting something new. It helps to be your own cheerleader. That will offset the negative self-messaging that bats around in our brains. You may not like how you physically feel right now, since it is driving you to want to lose weight. That's okay if that reality is a driver, but it is not okay not to like yourself. Whatever happened to you in the past to put you in the position makes you want to lose weight has to be in the past. Try not to dwell on it. Try instead today to value yourself for every good quality that you have. By valuing yourself, you give yourself both the permission and the courage to change. So, "yay" for you!! I know this may sound sort-of new-age or pollyanna-ish, but your journey will be frought with problems and setbacks and it really does work to give yourself new positive messages to replace any negative ones that held you back in the past. We are amazing. We are beautiful beings with many facets. We are born to polish every facet we can reach until we shine. So, shine on, Casey!
  • lescott59
    lescott59 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!
  • ZarinaDagan
    ZarinaDagan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's so nice to find others with similar goals. I have to lose 137lbs and it's definitely NOT easy to do alone.
  • aliceguy
    aliceguy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same category, need to lose about 35 kilos which is getting up near 100lbs. Feel free to add me anyone who needs support, we can help each other. Also support for me to stop drinking too would be awesome
  • annabell1971
    annabell1971 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too need to lose 100# or more... I need all the help I can get too...

• Losinandmovin
    Losinandmovin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Psyche3838 wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Casey and I'm looking for friends with similar goals to help keep each other motivated and inspired! Please feel free to add me if you'd like to join me in my journey of ups and downs to reach my goal of losing of 172 lbs... It's gonna be a long road, and i'm ready...but I need your help! Let's do this! ;)

We're all in this together. If I can support you in any way, I would be happy to do that. ☺
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I was very thin and fit. Then I put on far too much weight and became inactive.

In May of 2014, my Dr put me on a low sodium diet to control my blood pressure and told me to lose ten pounds. That was 78 pounds ago. I have another 20-30 to go, in my opinion.

How did I do it? Eating real food, giving up frozen entrees, cured meats, cutting down on desserts, cutting my wine intake (I am in the wine business, so I am now more aware of what I consume).

My exercise of choice is dancing. I am teaching myself different dances via You Tube.

I have not given up anything, rather, I eat real food and allow myself to have a treat or two. In other words, a plan for life, not a diet.

The weight came off quickly, at first. Now that I am closer to goal, it is slower.

You can do it, and there are many here to be a support system.
  • murraylu
    murraylu Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree completely with pdxwine!

Eating real food, instead of processed food, was a huge contributor to my weight loss success. At the time, I was a full-time working single mom, so letting go of those processed convenience foods was tough. But, real food is so much more satisfying and so delicious that it wasn't too long before I was enjoying my new way of eating.

I also feel that I really haven't given up anything, except a little time. A microwaved chicken entree isn't nearly as tasty as one made from scratch.

When getting started, I found it was better for me to make small changes than to suddenly change everything. I looked for easy, right-off-the-bat things to do, like exchanging cream for skim milk in my coffee. I was a chips-and-dips kind of girl. So, I kept the dips, but exchanged potato chips for veggie slices -- cucumber, red and yellow peppers, grape tomatoes.

There is a nutritionist named Ellie Krieger who used to have a show on Food Network who put out a tip that helped me very much. Her advice was to stop making food the enemy -- there is no "bad" food. Instead, she suggested catagorizing food as "Always, Sometimes, and Rarely." Mentally, I believe it helped me to know that I didn't have to think that a favorite food of mine would be banished forever...it would just move into the "Rarely" catagory.

Ellie's website has some really great recipes: http://www.elliekrieger.com/

So, for all of you out there working on your weight loss, including Casey who started this thread, let us know what you are doing to start your journey. I don't think there is a right or wrong way to do it. But exchanging processed food for real food and adding movement to your day are good things that will only help, not hurt.

• rvannorman1008
    rvannorman1008 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all ! I'm in the same boat - have 135 lbs to lose. I have been using my fitness pal for awhile, but not consistently and not on the days where I know I'm totally blowing it! After recently seeing a full body photo of myself, I am Horrified!!!! I'm increasing my water intake, cutting out alcohol for a while and sticking to 1400 calories a day. Wish me luck, I am
    Excited to hear others success stories!! :-)
  • angelica_lisa
    angelica_lisa Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for more people to add, so I'll add you as well.
  • kimberlyhurt
    kimberlyhurt Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I started out with 135lbs to lose. I'm down 77lbs now with 58 left to go. Fell free to add me and we can support eachother. It's a long road, but it's doable if we're consistent!
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I also have over 100 lbs to lose. I have lost the first 15, but have been somewhat stagnant for the past 6 weeks or so bouncing the same 1-2 lbs back and forth. I say, the more friends the merrier! Any of you, please feel free to add me. It absolutely helps to know there are others in that boat with us. Good luck to you all on your journeys!
  • floridajenn2
    floridajenn2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too!