In need of mentors and friends for support

Options
Dghp
Dghp Posts: 15 Member
I am a 41 year old female. Who needs to loose about 125lbs. I tried ww in the past and found that it helped me to loose weight but I gained that back and more when I stopped. Well in a nut shell I am in need of mentors and friends to help hold me accountable and on track as I begin this journey again.

Replies

• okanaganlifer
    okanaganlifer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I will join you. I too in the past lost a whack of weight with WW, and have gained quite a bit back too.
    I want to lose approx. 47 lbs, but find it hard as I work too much and don't have a lot of time to plan.
    WE CAN DO THIS!
  • hmcunningham79
    hmcunningham79 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I need to lost about 110 pounds and I'm 35. We are all in this together.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i started in September of 2012, took me a year to lose 100 pounds. been maintaining @ 100 pounds for the past two years. Did it entirely by counting calories. No fads, no secrets, no cleanses, no paleo. Got a digital scale and weigh everything i eat, then log everything i eat. got a HRM, started walking. now i run, hike, bike, yoga, use videos, dance central, whatever to keep moving. dont let yourself or others tell you its hard, its not hard, its really easy. you burn more than you eat and if you have those numbers (yes yes they are estimates) but if you have a rough idea what those numbers are, the rest is all choice.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me ...I have 100+ to lose ...wishing you much success ..WE CAN DO THIS :)
  • Dghp
    Options
    Thanks, YES WE CAN!!!
  • schandler1011
    schandler1011 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well! :)
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    You can do this, I started Feb 22 2015 and I have lost 53 lbs so far. Set your mind to it, come up with a plan and stick with it, for at least a month to see if it working or if you need to switch it up a bit.
  • Dghp
    Options
    I really appreciate all of the encouragements and new friends to help me during this journey. I am determined to do this. Thanks again!
  • iammygirlsmom
    iammygirlsmom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I find the kind words and encouragement so helpful! Would be happy to be your friend:)
  • Veeedot
    Veeedot Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've added u. I have done ww in the past and put all and more back on :( started calorie counting a few days ago never done it before and findin it abit hard :/ we can do it!!
    well done besaro that's fab! :)
  • laghar
    laghar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • Anne19682015
    Anne19682015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. We all need support. I was on WW and lost 70 pounds. Then life happened and gained 45 of it back. So back at WW plan but added Plexus to my health plan . I'm now down 10 pounds and inches. So need support to stay motivated
  • lpamm1226
    lpamm1226 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can add me :)
  • lindaz66
    lindaz66 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well, as can anyone else who has commented. I have struggled with my weight all my life, Start something like WW and do well but get bored and lose motivation. Always put back on what I've lost and more.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. I would start, lose 10 lbs and stop. I've finally decided that this is my year to be persistent. So far I've lost 35 lbs and have 50 more to go.
  • bone2731
    bone2731 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Dghp wrote: »
    I am a 41 year old female. Who needs to loose about 125lbs. I tried ww in the past and found that it helped me to loose weight but I gained that back and more when I stopped. Well in a nut shell I am in need of mentors and friends to help hold me accountable and on track as I begin this journey again.
    Well if need to lose 125lbs once you start the weight loss process you can stop. When your body notices you're back to your old ways it will hold on to and store all that you eat so you have to make a lifestyle change and stick with it smaller portions plenty of water frui and veggies no late night eating prepare your food NO TAKE OUT for a while. Stay focused it's hard but you can do this. No eating after 8pm ive loss 254lbs in 3yrs and till working at it I'm 66 yrs young I walk 3 miles everyday take your time work at your pace do what best for you. Remember you're doing this for you it not a contest you ain't gonna win no money it's for your health and you gonna look soooooo good when you get there so get it in
  • scress0514
    scress0514 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me, I also want to stay on track and keep motivated!
  • Dghp
    Options
    Veeedot wrote: »
    I've added u. I have done ww in the past and put all and more back on :( started calorie counting a few days ago never done it before and findin it abit hard :/ we can do it!!
    well done besaro that's fab! :)

I'm saying it is already done. I'm counting calories as well and finding it hard but I'm determined to succeed this time so I'm working it out. We got this!!!!
  • dfy4104
    dfy4104 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me to the group Need friends to keep me accountable. I just had a knee replacement and need to lose 100+ pounds
  • Dghp
    Options
    lindaz66 wrote: »
    You can add me as well, as can anyone else who has commented. I have struggled with my weight all my life, Start something like WW and do well but get bored and lose motivation. Always put back on what I've lost and more.

I know the feeling; we got this this time.