I thought working out gave you engery????????????

Options
Then why on earth am I soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired all the time. 9:30-10:30 my head hits the pillow and I pass out. I get up around 7am and feel like I could sleep another 3hrs. The kids sleep through the night and I only get up once or twice to go to the bathroom any more. Brian's alarm goes off at 5:30am and I am kinda in and out while he gets ready and leaves but I am not up out of bed. All day it is all I can do to get through a work out or do house work. I AM JUST TIRED!

Replies

• porter09
    porter09 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    same here somedays when i have worked out hard the day before i just want to go sleep even though never in my life do i sleep during the day and that causes me to end up eating chocolate lol, it is awful but u just have to get through it lol
  • Tracey_Smith
    Tracey_Smith Posts: 199
    Options
    Have you thought about getting yout thyroid checked? If it's not working right it can make you so tired.
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Even if you work out you STILL need good rest.
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Might mean you aren't getting enough calories and/or the right kinds of calories (and no, it's not just calories in/calories out). Get more protein and fat and cut out the simple carbs. Nothing that's not rich in fiber.
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Might mean you aren't getting enough calories and/or the right kinds of calories (and no, it's not just calories in/calories out). Get more protein and fat and cut out the simple carbs. Nothing that's not rich in fiber.

Agreed. Check your diet. Add a multivitamin. 7-8 hours a day should be sufficient. Assuming, of course, it's good restful sleep.
  • caseyclementson
    caseyclementson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Are you working out a lot and then not balancing it out with enough protein and (healthy) carbs? You need a little something to eat/drink after a tough workout to refuel your muscles.
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    i don't stop moving! ever! i can go go go but if i sit i sleep! def think about getiing you thyroid checked. if you are eating and sleeping properly!
  • littlecaponey2
    littlecaponey2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    You may be passing out night at that time but your sleep may not be as sound as you might think during the night. When I started wearing my bodymedia I realized that I'm not completely rested at night on some occasions and I can truly tell it the next day. I get up at 5am and by 8:30 I want to take a power nap. Also like started above sometimes you might not be getting enough nutrients in from your food. Go get your blood work done. Your Vit D, Iron and B12 might be a little low.
  • minchk1n
    minchk1n Posts: 11
    Options
    Sounds like there may be something else causing you to be so tired, go to the doctor and get tested. Or you may be overdoing the exercise. I used to do this and I was shattered for two days after, these days I keep my exercise to under an hour and I am okay the next day. It could also be a fitness issue and the fitter you get the easier it will become.
  • armywife26
    armywife26 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone I deff need to get some more protin in me and I am going to start adding in a protin drink. I do eat whole grains and wheat. I should add a vitamen. what kind?

Also can a thyroid problem also cause you to not lose or even gain weight when working out and eating good?
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone I deff need to get some more protin in me and I am going to start adding in a protin drink. I do eat whole grains and wheat. I should add a vitamen. what kind?

Also can a thyroid problem also cause you to not lose or even gain weight when working out and eating good?

Also, it may take a bit for your metaboloism to adjust. as far as the thyroid is concerned, yes an underactive or overactive thyroid can affect your weight regardless of exercise and diet.
  • armywife26
    Options
    I don't think it is a fitness problem because I have taken fitness tests and passed with flying colors and I can run 3 miles in about 27mins not wonderful but since I am not 18 anymore and I am still "over" weight I think it is perrty good since when I was 18 I was running in 19-21mins at 125lbs not 160lbs
  • armywife26
    Options

Also, it may take a bit for your metaboloism to adjust. as far as the thyroid is concerned, yes an underactive or overactive thyroid can affect your weight regardless of exercise and diet.

thanks I am going to give this another week or 2 and the things that people are suggesting like eating more and getting more protien and what not and if nothing works or changes then to the doc I go.
  • armywife26
    Options
    bump