Went over calories on birthday

Options
hello I went over my calories by 2000 yesterday it was my birthday. I was thinking just create the deficit that way it will even but that would mean going on 2000 calories instead of 2400 like my usual or just accept the fact I went over and continue

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong trying to eat 400 less for a couple days. But you don't have to. This week you just might not lose anything. That's cool. Staying the same is better than gaining, in most people's minds.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    It's up to you. You can either eat a larger deficit over the next few days to even it out, or just move on and treat today as a new day. Obviously you'll lose the weight a bit faster if you eat a larger deficit for a few days to make up for it, but ultimately 2000 calories won't make that much of a difference (especially if that's 2000 over your deficit goal and not your maintenance).
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Either way will work. It's just a question of what you want to do.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    It's just over my deficit I will need to think
  • katzenfluff
    katzenfluff Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just think Happy Birthday to me and go back to normal today.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    Just think Happy Birthday to me and go back to normal today.

I think I will do that think you
  • velveteen7845
    velveteen7845 Posts: 70 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I usually eat less during the week so I can have more calories on the weekend, but I went 3,000 calories or more over my weekly goal on my birthday week. I have been at this for 13 months and I figure that one week at maintenance calories won't kill me.

Edit- It was over my birthday week, not just over one day.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Birthday calories don't count ;)

I would just move on. It isn't the celebration days (birthdays, holidays, weddings) that brought us here, but the days in between.
  • jadedpanther
    jadedpanther Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would just move on. It isn't the celebration days (birthdays, holidays, weddings) that brought us here, but the days in between.[/quote]

That's a wonderful way to think about it!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    chances are this won't create an overall detriment to your weight loss journey.
    just do better today :) and tomorrow and etc.
    one day is just one day and not a big deal if they don't happen requently
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I would say that a day is pretty irrelevant wouldn't you?