70lbs to lose!

Options

Replies

• Caroledeegee
    Caroledeegee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Also 60 - 70lbs. Anyone, please feel free to add me. Shortie 5 ft 2 and started Intermittent Fasting.
  • myshelsong
    myshelsong Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am looking to lose a minimum of 80 lbs and would love to have encouragement and I can encourage you as well.
    I am a very slow starter and am hoping with friends we can make this work!
  • Nature_NC_Chick
    Nature_NC_Chick Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have 50 more pounds to lose. Feel free to add me
  • SkinnyRuthy
    SkinnyRuthy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy so many people are on this thread encouraging one another by saying "I'm right there too---help!!!". I ate a donut this morning. That sucked because I knew it was bad for me. Sometimes we need friends to be honest to and say hello help me I screwed up! Or lets go do this thing together because we all can make it! Or let me help you brush those crumbs off, now get up and lets keep trying. We are all works in progress!!!! Just don't ever give up!
  • hmcunningham79
    hmcunningham79 Posts: 26 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I have 110 to lose. Anyone who wants to add me, feel free!! The more the merrier!! No excuses, just results!!
  • Chabela53
    Chabela53 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have 106 to lose..I recently started going to a facility where I weigh in weekly, and get nutritional and medical care. Since starting on 8/10 I have lost 15 pounds. I have been on low carb, high protein Atkins like plan. I have not had white sugar or any flour products since that day, and guess what? I feel great!

I have done EVERY diet in the book, including having a Lapband that a few months ago I had removed due to it slipping and causing more problems that it was worth. I have come to the conclusion that only I can do this.

I am 61 years young, and want to get fit and in shape finally. I have battled weight loss for over 30 years. I didn't start out this way! I joined MFP at the advise of the group I go to and have loaded the app on my phone as well. I love it!

So that being said...anyone that wants to add me as a friend, feel free! I have NO clue how to do that! LOL.

As Nike says...Let's just do it!

Sherryl
  • dulcemiel
    dulcemiel Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'd love to add you as a friend, with similar goals to keep each other on track, please add me as well.
    Teresa :)
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I started off with 125 pounds to lose and now I have only 77 to go. I've been at it for almost five months now and I'm not gonna stop until I reach 129 pounds. When I first started MFP I simply wanted to get to 160 pounds. I thought to myself "gosh I would be so happy to just be 160 pounds again." But then I thought about it and I decided "why settle for 160 pounds?" I will look and feel much better at 129 pounds. That was the weight I was at in college and there is no reason I can't do it again. I'm working hard at it and I deserve it. So it's gonna happen.
  • SkinnyRuthy
    Options
    Wow look at all of you rockstars kickin' butt, droppin weight, and putting this stressed out mama of 4 to shame!!!! I'm so incredibly proud of y'all!!!! Anyone who is here tho and has the WANT to enough to even sign in and keep their brain constantly thinking about it, you are a hero in my book. It is when you get complacent and it isn't at the forefront of your brain and you stop trying altogether where the food demons come in and destroy it all...and yes, I've completely gone off the band wagon more times than I care to admit. We CAN do this and I'm so excited to have more amazing friends in my life!!
    Here is a tip!!!!
    I've been watching a lot of documentaries such as Hungry For Change and Food Matters, etc etc. Here's what I'm learning:
    Dieting doesn't work.
    If you're here to diet, it will work for a while and you will most certainly regain.
    I don't say this to discourage you, rather to encourage you to approach this as getting healthy and making positive lifestyle choices. I still get weak in the knees thinking about a lifestyle that doesn't include loads of chocolate, candies, tbsps of sugar in my coffee, or donuts! But, here's the helpful tip part: Stop trying to take bad things out. Instead, try to add more good things in. From what I can tell, almost everyone in these documentaries gradually added more fruits and veggies and protein to their diet and the more they did the less desire they had to eat a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch at night and instead reached for a bowl of banana nice cream or frozen blueberries, half a watermelon, an apple, or a bunch of chopped up cucumber (which I find that crunch really satisfies my urge to munch).
    So, I guess the whole point of this is, I can't bear the thought of removing the things I love to eat, but I do like the thought of them gradually going away on their own because I don't need them anymore. See, right now, I'm addicted to those sugars and carbs and my brain and my body REALLY thinks that I NEED them. I'm working at it. I'm dedicated to it. I'm just really sucky at it sometimes. I started this thread because I legit need help, advice, positive friends, and a life full of people who are on the same path to fitness, just like me. Regular ol' joes and sals who struggle just like me and aren't full of judgment but who are full of love, motivation, and positivity.
    I'm certain that I will reach my goals within this next year. I feel it. I know it. And you can too.
  • DebJ618
    DebJ618 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have 32lbs to reach my first goal (already lost 8.7 while on here, and 5 or so before that)... and after that another 35 to reach the ideal goal.
    So, total 67lbs to go.
  • _Juhi_
    _Juhi_ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Would love to join you in this journey! I have 60lbs to lose!
  • UpcyclerGirl
    UpcyclerGirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Desperate for supportive friends here! Was on MFP a few years ago and need it again! Please add me, esp. if you are a Canadian middle aged woman like me. :)
  • extacymoon
    extacymoon Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    In total I have over 50 lbs to lose. I have lost 29 so far but am still a long way from my goal. You can never have too many friends on here. I think the more support you have the more success you will have. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    would love to :) feel free to add me too!
  • ROFLwaffle82
    ROFLwaffle82 Posts: 205 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I've lost 75 so far so I know you can do it.
  • SkinnyRuthy
    Options
    I'm so happy to have the new friends and @ROFLwaffle82 that is pretty awesome and impressive! You all are my heros for pushing for your goals!~
  • Mayumip
    Mayumip Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @SkinnyRuthy Yes! Motivational support is a must.
  • SkinnyRuthy
    Options
    Some of you that I have met through this message board post are the most encouraging kind people I have ever met. So thankful for each and every one of you!
  • joannprussell
    joannprussell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have 70 lbs to lose as well. I have lost 8 in 20 days! I take my 17 month old out in the stroller on a 4 mile walk every day and instead of saying "good morning" to all the runners, bikers, and walkers we pass by I say "Good Job"! It keeps me motivated to see their surprised smiles. Plus, I like hearing those words, too! So, " Good job" to all of you! We rock! :)
  • emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have alot to lose as well, feel free to add me, the more friends the better!