Adding personal trainer session to diary

Options
I've just done a 30 minute personal trainer session at the gym but nothing came up when I searched 'personal trainer' on the exercise section. Do I have to input each individual exercise under weight training? That will take quite a long time and also I don't know what half the exercises were called. Does anyone know of a shortcut to register a 30 minute workout that's weights/ strength training rather than cardio? I am new to this app/site so may just not have figured it out properly yet. Thanks!

Replies

• rockinrodders123
    rockinrodders123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I normally log mixed PT sessions as circuit training, general as that is essentially what I am doing.
  • CarolineMuspratt
    Options
    Thanks, didn't think to search for circuit training
  • solnapug
    solnapug Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks from me, too, as I am having the same problem
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thanks, didn't think to search for circuit training

Search weight training in the database, what you describe isn't circuit training.
  • sonnig_tag
    sonnig_tag Posts: 82 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Actually, a better fit would be "strength training" and oddly it's listed under the "cardio" tab. Calorie-wise it's more realistic. Under the "strength" tab there is no fitting animal. You can keep track of your muscles worked, weights, reps, etc., but if you're like me, an hour spent with a personal trainer always is a mix of floor work isolating muscles, band work, dips, weight machines, etc. Don't forget to add your warm-up cardio before your PT session!
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    "Personal trainer" is such an ambiguous term. Was it lower-intensity weight lifting? Higher-intensity circuit? Boot camp style?