lets help me lose 70lbs

Options
I am trying so hard to lose 70lbs . I'm tired of being told "if I where skinnier. I'd be cuter " I am tired of feeling so unhealthy . I also need new people to chat with

Replies

• OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I recently started out on my goal to lose 100lbs. Started counting calories last week, and I'm already down 2lbs. We can both do this!
  • waterbaby44
    waterbaby44 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 65 pounds. I love MFP! I wish the both of you success. ONEHUNDREDTOLOSE, I started last week and lost 2 pounds as well. WILLIAMSMOMMY0823, I'm sorry someone said that to you. You are on the right track with wanting to be healthier. How long have you been with MFP? Keep up the great work ya'll!
  • lulu301
    lulu301 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want and need to lose 70lbs been struggling with this for years and im sick of the weight. Im 33 years old with 3 beautiful girls and i want to be active with them not tired all the time and at a doctors appt.i need some help with my eating. Im a emotional eater.
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I've lost 60 lbs and am more or less at my goal weight. For me, it's been a matter of putting together a bunch of puzzle pieces that work for me. I've been on too many diets to enumerate and been overweight the vast majority of my life. Actually I am now at a normal weight (and sustained it for so far two years) for the first time in...ever. When I was younger, I could fairly easily lose weight but would regain it scary quick. In those days, it was all about vanity. Nowadays what drives me is health; a much better motivator, I've found. Another puzzle piece was regular and consistent exercise: I joined the YMCA about four years ago, still 40 lbs overweight, and started out with two low-impact aerobics classes a week. Gradually I added more; now I go to 8 or 9 classes a week (aerobics, step, Pilates, weight/resistance training). Yes, I'm retired so I have time to do this, and I know many cannot. Food-wise, I used My Fitness Pal to log food: weighing and measuring portions. I cut bread from my diet, ditto cakes, desserts, cookies, etc. My diet contains very little processed food and almost no meat. I shop the edges of the supermarket. I also rarely go to restaurants. I got a Fitbit to help with motivation; it helped a LOT and still does. It makes exercise and walking fun. I look for hills and stairways to climb so it registers on my device. I enjoy the inspiration I get from you folks on the MFP community, as well as the Fitbit community. I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and check in at least once a month for free. I do not use their Points system, nor do I purchase any of their snacks, chips, smoothies, bars, etc., as it's all processed crap as far as I am concerned. I go for the group support and accountability of "weighing in". All of these components are working so far to help keep me on track: Physical activity and mindful eating are key of course. Good luck to you in putting together your own puzzle pieces!
  • leslim63
    leslim63 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to find the right "group" for me. I am 51, 262 lbs and need to look amazing for my daughters wedding in January. I joined a gym in January and just kind of did my own thing for a while, with zero results. Two months ago I signed up with a trainer and would work out 2-3 times a week.
    I work full time and have 3 kids and hubby. Hubby does the cooking and I have started buying my own food. So I eat healthy up until dinner, because I am controlling what I eat, then I eat what he prepares and just watch my portions for dinner.
    I have begun working out 3-4 times a week, two are treadmill or elliptical and two are resistance and weight training (what the trainer teaches me). Fit pal has my calories at 1760, I usually fall under that. I have lost 7.3 lbs in the two months, the only place I've noticed is my rib cage. I removed the extenders off my bras. Woo hoo. Sorry if TMI for you.
    So, that's me. Ta da
    Oh yeah, I am diabetic. Blood sugar was completely out of control because I was resistant to taking my meds. But I am taking it seriously now, and since I am being more serious about exercise now I have had sugar levels between 88 and 110 for just about two weeks now. OUTSTANDING!!!
  • williamsmommy0823
    williamsmommy0823 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have been with mfp for 3 days now :) I hope I am as successful as u guys