Let's lose 10 pounds in 3.5 weeks??

Options
I want to lose 10 pounds by 9/17. I know the goal sounds ambitious but I'm planning on exersicing 3-4 times a week. Walking 15,000 steps on top of that. And following a 1,500-1,700 cal/day diet.

If you want to join. Help/support/motivate. Add me!
We can post our results on this thread.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If your profile is up to date, I don't see this goal as being remotely possible, outside the possibility of water weight loss through purposeful dehydration or an intestinal illness.

Good luck, OP!
  • soinbnsng
    soinbnsng Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My profile? I believe it says 163. I'm actually back up to 166. I don't see why I couldn't lose 7-10 pounds in that time period.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    How tall are you?
    What exercise are you doing on those 3-4 rimes a week?
    You are doing 15,000 steps every day or 3-4 times aweek?
    Will you be eating back any of those exercise calories?
    You have now lowere your aims to a range of 7-10 instead of the headline 10?
  • jemhh
    edited August 2015
    Options
    soinbnsng wrote: »
    My profile? I believe it says 163. I'm actually back up to 166. I don't see why I couldn't lose 7-10 pounds in that time period.

It says you're 163 with a goal of 140. Having 26 pounds to lose (using 166 instead), even having 36 pounds to lose (let's say you set your goal near the top of the "healthy range" for your height and actually want to go past it eventually), means that you are close enough to your final goal that losing 2-3 pounds per week is going to be extremely difficult outside of the situations that I mentioned above. Or amputation. I left that one off the possibilities.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Sorry OP, it's not healthy to be losing that fast. When you don't have much to lose 1/2 to 1 pound a week is a healthy weight loss. Why the big hurry?? It didn't put it on over night, it's going to take time to come off. Lose fast you lose a lot of muscles, hair, etc.

Slow and steady for a healthy weight loss. :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If you dont see why you cnat lose that amount then you have to look at what you are doing and if you are creating a calorie deficit from food not eaten and exercise taken sufficient to burn 7-10. Do you know if you are? If you think its realisicc then you should be in that ballpark area of 25,000-35,000 calorie deficit over that period. Are you? Also considering the amount you have to lose it will be hard. Try it but it seems unlikely as weight loss the less you have to lose gets harder.
  • soinbnsng
    edited August 2015
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    How tall are you?
    What exercise are you doing on those 3-4 rimes a week?
    You are doing 15,000 steps every day or 3-4 times aweek?
    Will you be eating back any of those exercise calories?
    You have now lowere your aims to a range of 7-10 instead of the headline 10?

5'8
    Running 3.5-5.5 miles/lifting weights
    15,000 every day on top of exercise
    Will not be eating exercise calories (1,200-1,500 a day)
    My goal is 10 but would be happy with 7+
  • soinbnsng
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

It says you're 163 with a goal of 140. Having 26 pounds to lose (using 166 instead), even having 36 pounds to lose (let's say you set your goal near the top of the "healthy range" for your height and actually want to go past it eventually), means that you are close enough to your final goal that losing 2-3 pounds per week is going to be extremely difficult outside of the situations that I mentioned above. Or amputation. I left that one off the possibilities.

Actually the weight gained happended pretty quick. I was at 153 and happy but due to some medication I was temporarily on I gained 13 pounds and my clothes just don't fit right and I can't afford to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe. Thats the hurry :(:(:(
  • soinbnsng
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    If you dont see why you cnat lose that amount then you have to look at what you are doing and if you are creating a calorie deficit from food not eaten and exercise taken sufficient to burn 7-10. Do you know if you are? If you think its realisicc then you should be in that ballpark area of 25,000-35,000 calorie deficit over that period. Are you? Also considering the amount you have to lose it will be hard. Try it but it seems unlikely as weight loss the less you have to lose gets harder.

Calorie deficit of 500-700 per. Average exercise defecit 500-700 per day. For a span of about 25 days = 25,000-35,000. (I think)
  • soinbnsng
    edited August 2015
    Options
    It's just a goal. Not saying I will lose the 10 pounds but that is what I am aiming for. Nothing of what I listed seems unhealthy to me. I was already doing 1,600 cal a day. Now cutting back a little, adding exercise and extra walking throughout the day.

oops meant 9/19.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options

It's hard to know for certain but your exercise calories might be over-estimated. I'm 178 pounds basically the same height, male, and I barely burn 700 calories running 10km / 6 miles. Walking 15000 steps won't add much on top of that. Strength training - hard to estimate.

Personally I think you should be eating some of your exercise calories back although your baseline calorie intake is higher than mine (1,350) so perhaps you are ok especially given the period of time isn't that long. You can always adjust after.

If you follow through and stay uninjured, all the more power to you. I've no idea if you'll get anywhere near 10 off by then but you'll no doubt feel improvement when you pull those clothes on.

PS: Add some core work outs. Planks and such. Might help in body / clothes feel and is good to do regardless.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    YAY! A goal which is above and beyond what is considered healthy and acceptable weight loss. Awesome.

#sarcasm

Agree.
  • soinbnsng
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »

It's hard to know for certain but your exercise calories might be over-estimated. I'm 178 pounds basically the same height, male, and I barely burn 700 calories running 10km / 6 miles. Walking 15000 steps won't add much on top of that. Strength training - hard to estimate.

Personally I think you should be eating some of your exercise calories back although your baseline calorie intake is higher than mine (1,350) so perhaps you are ok especially given the period of time isn't that long. You can always adjust after.

If you follow through and stay uninjured, all the more power to you. I've no idea if you'll get anywhere near 10 off by then but you'll no doubt feel improvement when you pull those clothes on.

PS: Add some core work outs. Planks and such. Might help in body / clothes feel and is good to do regardless.

Thanks for offering advice and info.
    (and not being stuck up about it)
  • soinbnsng
    Options
    It's not like I'm starving myself or working out 24/7. Geeze people. I doubt any one person on this thread lives a perfectly healthy life.
  • tlblake84
    tlblake84 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Reach for the stars! Ambitious yes, hard to do, yes, but nonetheless an ambitious goal will at least get you half way there. I would love to be support and encouragement for you as well as feed off your positive attitude and hardwork. I'm going to add you.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    That sounds painful. Man I would love to lose 10 pounds, but I'm assuming that won't be until November-at the absolute earliest.
  • ajrae79
    ajrae79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 10 pounds by 9/17. I know the goal sounds ambitious but I'm planning on exersicing 3-4 times a week. Walking 15,000 steps on top of that. And following a 1,500-1,700 cal/day diet.

You can defintely accomplish that goal. I was able to do it by completing the 21 day challenge. I lost 10lbs in 21 days without any excercise. Try this!!

5ujx1767wknw.jpg
  • arditarose
    Options
    Oh lord
  • arditarose
    Options
    ajrae79 wrote: »

You can defintely accomplish that goal. I was able to do it by completing the 21 day challenge. I lost 10lbs in 21 days without any excercise. Try this!!

5ujx1767wknw.jpg

What if you already don't eat any of this? Or what if you weigh it and log it and it fits into your calorie goal? What if you're already in the healthy weight range for your height? You think it's safe to try to lose that amount in 21 days?
  • jemhh
    Options
    Naughty spreads? I am trying not to make a comment about that.