11.5 weeks into my new lifestyle............

Options
bethdris
bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
I have lost 50 pounds!! I am so proud of myself. I'm a momma to 3 litlte boys and a wife to very supportive husband. My highest weight ever was 283.0 and that was about 4.5 yrs ago. I did weight watchers and lost 60 pounds in 5 months. I never figured out how to keep it off. I yo yo'd for years and finally 1 month before my baby turned I made a life changing decision. A very selfish one, I might add.

I decided that I needed to come first! My family needed and deserved a healthy mom/wife.

I'm no superwoman! There are no successful weight loss secrets, or magical drinks. It's hard work, dedication, and the want to change.

I don't have cheat days, I plan my "more calorie filled" meals, I drink LOTS of water, I work out (cardio) 6x a week. I have built this all into my new life and I don't plan on ever going back to what I was.

MFP is a very good tool in my new life and I am thankful for this site! I have progressive pics on my profile, I don't know how to add them here. But the blue shirt on the far right was my starting weight at 246.2 and the far left pic is now. 196.2

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and continued success on your journey. You sound so proud. We are all proud of you.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Your doing a great job!
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    amazing transformation, great job...........and you arent being selfish......you are ensuring a heathier you so you can be an even better mother & wife........very inspiring keep up the great work!
  • MobyLovesPie
    MobyLovesPie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    ☑ You get a big tick. Excellent loss and lifestyle change. You must feel great.
  • misskuda
    misskuda Posts: 12
    Options
    congratulations
    keep it up
  • jason7532
    jason7532 Posts: 7
    Options
    Great job! I hope that my body responds to the change in lifestyle as quickly as yours has. I have been using MFP for about two weeks now and have yet to weigh myself. I think I'm waiting until I go back to the doctor near the end of June for a follow up from my physical. I hope I see good things on the scale then!!
  • JBRENTLINGER
    JBRENTLINGER Posts: 160
    Options
    I love stories like yours. You have such a passion for a healthy life and it only help me stay the course. You are amazing!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Very good job!!!!!
  • Tereztaylor07
    Options
    I like where you point out "no magical secrets". As I start losing, everyone asks "How are you doing it?" Hard work and discipline. I want to be healthy, so I make conscious decisions. But the longer I do it, the easier it becomes.

Congrats and keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!