Need to lose 100 pounds...

Options
kmg3614
kmg3614 Posts: 83 Member
I'm looking to add friends looking to lose a significant amount of weight with me... :smile: I have been up and down, but I'm really getting focused now... I'm 5'3 and 239.2 pounds today. I'm 48 years old and want to kick this in the butt before 50.. I'm concerned with my blood pressure and blood sugar and just want to get healthy! I have positive cards I'm reading every morning reminding me why I want to lose weight... And I'm trying to get out of the "poor me, why can't I eat what I want" mindset.... Please add me if you are looking to get on this positive mindset and move the scale downward!!

Replies

• smurfet422
    smurfet422 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    good evening, im having the same issue and i can't find anyone wanting to workout and eat right i would love to have a like minded person that wants to refurbish their eating habits don't like the word diet first three letters are die.so if you don't mind working toward our goal together? by the way i'm 44yrs old i'm 5'2 i weigh 259 and my goal is to weigh 163 i don't have any health issues as of yet and i don't want any.i also read Positive affirmations every morning and before I go to bed at night
  • apeydawn423
    apeydawn423 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we are all three in the same boat only difference is i'm 5'7 and shooting for 100lbs!! I have bad hips and sometimes exercise isn't easy for me. but I'm learning to love myself enough to give up the food that got me to this point. Feel free to add me if you like!
  • LeanneRobin
    LeanneRobin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies, I am I the same situation. I have struggled with my weight all my life. I am a little older than the three of you, but I need support. Not everyone understands how hard it is to weigh a lot. I am 5'2" and want to loose 125 lbs. so please *kitten* me. Thanks
  • HicelaElvir
    HicelaElvir Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi im 5'6 235 lbs.. Wanting to gi down 100lbs.. Started today.. Seems like MFP could be help
  • HappilySingle
    HappilySingle Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Me too. I have finally gotten back on track and have lost several pounds since June. I want to loose about 100 pounds more as well.

But...does anyone else find that these posts get lost, you get too busy to check the community boards here, etc? How about we start "buddying up" and share our email or cell phone or via private message? That way we can have a bit more of a personalized approach? I am more likely to offer encouragement if someone sends me an email stating " i soo want that cupcake"
  • Chasity6
    Chasity6 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    5'7" 266lb trying to get to 150. Need all the support I can get. Add me.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    kmg3614 wrote: »
    I'm looking to add friends looking to lose a significant amount of weight with me... :smile: I have been up and down, but I'm really getting focused now... I'm 5'3 and 239.2 pounds today. I'm 48 years old and want to kick this in the butt before 50.. I'm concerned with my blood pressure and blood sugar and just want to get healthy! I have positive cards I'm reading every morning reminding me why I want to lose weight... And I'm trying to get out of the "poor me, why can't I eat what I want" mindset.... Please add me if you are looking to get on this positive mindset and move the scale downward!!
    In reality, most people can't eat whatever they want, even if they act like they do. It took me 59 years, but I finally decided that I could NOT eat whatever I wanted and I needed to make changes and STICK WITH them. Not done yet, but finally on home stretch after 14 months.

• atruckerswife
    atruckerswife Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    5'2" at 230lbs (SW 250). Want to lose 100+. I would like to reach 130, but I have no idea what that looks like on my body, so I will see what happens as I lose weight. I am also 46. I cannot believe I waited so long to do this.
  • atruckerswife
    Options
    It would be wonderful to make small groups here with a message area, maybe we could do something like that somewhere...
    But...does anyone else find that these posts get lost, you get too busy to check the community boards here, etc? How about we start "buddying up" and share our email or cell phone or via private message? That way we can have a bit more of a personalized approach? I am more likely to offer encouragement if someone sends me an email stating " i soo want that cupcake"

• Arcoirisbe
    Arcoirisbe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

Do you have room for one more friend?

Complete newbie to the boards but have been logging on and off in big chunks for the past few years. Like lorrpb I also realised I simply cannot eat what I want.

Have yoyoed quite a bit over the past 10 years and would need to lose 40kg to be statistically healthy (but 25-30 to be happy).

• HappilySingle
    HappilySingle Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    It would be wonderful to make small groups here with a message area, maybe we could do something like that somewhere...

I just accepted your friend request, but cant seem to message you!
  • kmg3614
    kmg3614 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to start a small group but I'm in...it looks like we all have a lot in common and if we can support each other, that would be great...
    Btw... I'm a truckers wife too. :)
    Lorrpb- I agree, I've been talking to lots of thin people who have to really watch what they eat. I'm just waking up to reality....
  • helpingme103
    helpingme103 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Would love to join! I need as much help as I can get! I would love to lose 115 pounds! Hopefully see some changes by the end of this year.
  • atruckerswife
    Options
    I just figured it out ladies. I had to log on in a browser, I couldn't see it on my iPad app. I will invite!
  • atruckerswife
    Options
    I need to fire up the laptop, heading out for a bit with my daughter.. I will add everyone tonight.
  • atruckerswife
    Options

I just accepted your friend request, but cant seem to message you!

Sorry, haven't been on for any amount of time, just clicking on text notifications on my phone. I had a lot of trouble in the last two days replying to notifications on the main wall from the app.
  • TerriK14
    TerriK14 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I hope there is room for one more? I added all of you, I am 5'1" and as of this morning 204 lbs. I am trying to get down to 115. I lost 90 lbs 3 yrs ago and gained 70 of it back! Need all the support I can get.
  • hmcunningham79
    hmcunningham79 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as terrik!! Lost 90. Gained 67 back. Feel free to add me!!
  • Christine_1985
    Christine_1985 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Please join our group challenge for 2 months starting August 29 this Saturday to October 31.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/108302-halloween-challenge-august-29-saturday-to-october-31-saturday
  • kirstyaknight
    kirstyaknight Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you also. I'm 34 from New Zealand, weigh 121kg (266 lbs) and would like to get to about 70kg (154 lbs). Think I'll need some help to lose 50kgs (110 lbs). Please feel free to add me