Perhaps stupid questions...

Options
I drink infused water with lemon limes ginger cucumber n mint leaves should I be figuring how many calories is in the water to try and be as accurate with mfp as possible or just count it as water n call er good? Also I'm 160 n wanna b around 140. This is my 2nd day using this app n am curious to reach my goal should I be eating the amount of calories it tells me including my exercise? Yest I was starving with only 300cal to spare, today I'm stuffed with 400 cal to spare? I feel for losing weight I should try n aim just under the goal am I right in this or should I change something?

Replies

• shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I would just count it as water since you aren't actually eating the fruit/mint/etc. I could be wrong, but I would guess the calories from infusion in this instance is negligible. Then again, maybe someone else knows better, that's just my best guess.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I would count it as something if its more than a few calories.

Orange juice is essentially water infused with oranges and that can be high in calories.
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    MFP has your deficit built in, so eat up to the calories suggested. I wouldn't count the fruit, etc.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Is infusion putting slices of fruit or veggies in your water to flavor it? Do you eat the fruit or vegetable? Or, do you squeeze the juice in (such as from an orange or apple)?

If I squeezed juice in I would squeeze it in a measuring cup first and then log whatever that juice is.

If I just put slices in and did not eat them too, I would not bother.

If I ate the slices too, I would make sure to weigh them prior putting them in the water and would log them as well.

It is clear I know nothing about infusion. :)

• Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    i only count infused water if i eat the fruit or whatever that i have infused it with.

and eat the calories recommended by mfp, be careful if you log exercise using mfp method because it is often way over your actual burn. most people eat 50-75% of exercise calories back. if you're starving one day and not hungry the next, you could do what i do and just look at your weekly total and not care so much if you go over one day and under the next.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I agree with SLLRunner, if you're squeezing in the juice, you should count it. Otherwise, I wouldn't count it.

You can eat your exercise calories and still lose weight. However, be sure you're not overestimating your what you are burning. Like Blueseraphc, I go by weekly calories. So, some days I'm over, some I'm under, but it all evens out in the end.
  • New_determination
    New_determination Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Yes I just use the slices no squeezing n no eating the slices. Good idea for the weekly calorie count. I do try n give a 200cal leeway since I do the Jillian micheals videos n I know it's hard to get an accurate reading plus with treadmill I know even what the machine tells u isn't 100% accurate. Thnx for the advice