Starting back on here....would love some support and encouragement!

Options
I have used mfp in the past and have lost about 5-7 pounds.

Now, I feel like I'm ready to throw myself back into the weight loss journey and stick to it with determination (mind over matter!). I would love to lose 20 pounds by Thanksgiving. I feel this is a do-able goal if I really stick to it and work out/eat healthy CONSISTENTLY. Being consistent and not letting weekends or special occasions/birthday cake at kids parties ruin it is what's challenging for me. I would love a few buddies who are as serious as I am to help us reach our goals together.

We just moved. I don't belong to a gym yet however, I have free weights and I can go run outside if I make up my mind - no excuses.

Please add me - anuayy

Thanks!
Anu

Replies

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I won't say it's impossible, but it's going to be a challenge. The problem is that as bodies become more fit and healthy, it becomes more difficult to maintain a caloric deficit. What works for losing 1.5 pounds a week when you're 50 pounds overweight doesn't work when you're 5 pounds overweight.

Instead of setting a timeline of when to lose a total of weight by, why not strive to lose a consistent, healthy, sustainable amount per week? .5 pounds per week per 25 pounds overweight is the oft-quoted number, but many people can sustain that to .5 pounds per week per 15 pounds overweight, at numbers closer to goal weight.
  • mdt07
    mdt07 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi I will add you as a friend. Consistency is the key and that is the one thing I must improve if I want to actual lose the weight and keep it off. Thankfully I am in a good health but carrying the extra weight can not be good. You can do this.
  • leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want to receive and give support and motivation. Just joined a couple weeks ago and am interested in friending a limited number of like minded folks so I can easily monitor when someone seems to have dropped off. I don't mind giving and getting some reminder nudges to keep on track. I will not stay friends on here with people who have too many friends. Don't see the use if they're not going to keep me accountable. I'm a 47 yr old female, who has just lost 50 lbs since January. 10 more to go until my initial goal weight. Then another 15 if possible but I'll be quite content even if that doesn't happen. Send me a request if interested. We can do this together!!!
  • kikiwomack7
    kikiwomack7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me for support and motivation
  • Frostygirl2790
    Frostygirl2790 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Add me too, I know from burn go. This journey you need motivation as well as give it too.
  • eza9838
    eza9838 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am with you! I am tired of losing small amounts then gaining it back. This is a great app and I am anxious to meet others in the MFP community! I work out at home or preferably around my neighborhood. I don't think you have to join a gym with such great resources like this! I would love to help support and encourage each other.
  • Letsdothis1984
    Letsdothis1984 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • jmoya0405
    jmoya0405 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Add me too!
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I liked your post. So please feel free to add me. Motto One pound at a time. :)