New to the health world

Options
Hi all
Pretty new to all this
Im 25, 5'2 86kgs (not sure what that is in pounds, i think maybe 180ish)
last year i had a mastectomy with abdominal reconstruction and am only now getting strength back to exercise.
Started my health journery in june but started logging and using mfp almost a month ago (27th)
First weigh in end of may/june was 92kgs and weighed in end if july and was 86kgs
Going to the gym 4 or 5 days a week. Only burning about 230 calories except wed night at pump class could be anywhere from 300-500 calories.
Eating oats for breakfast
A chicken salad for lunch
And meat (eithet chicken, steak or lamb) with vegies for dinner
which is about 1000-1300 calories
Trying to add more calories and burn more gradually
Goal weight is 75kgs before more surgery in feb
Happy to meet others in the same boat

Replies

• emanegb408
    emanegb408 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hii , i'm new to health world too.
    Good job, u seem doing great in the last months!
    Am 27 and looking for motivational friends with close age :) so feel free to add me
  • MrsEGreen
    MrsEGreen Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks heaps.
    Could be doing better but slow and steady for me haha
  • MrsEGreen
    Options
    Had a bad food day yesterday
    Went to the movies and ate a medium popcorn
    Didnt realisr the calories until i logged it when i got home wow! Glad i only go to the movies onve every few yrs!
    Time to make up for it
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    MrsEGreen wrote: »
    Had a bad food day yesterday
    Went to the movies and ate a medium popcorn
    Didnt realisr the calories until i logged it when i got home wow! Glad i only go to the movies onve every few yrs!
    Time to make up for it

Make up for what? It was one day. You won't gain weight from that one day. That's not a big deal.
  • MrsEGreen
    Options
    It was just a shock. I think if I go to the gym and push my calories a little ill feel better for eating it lol
    Im one of those that slips up and normally cant stay on track so i am trying to be a bit harder on myself to prevent slip ups
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    MrsEGreen wrote: »
    It was just a shock. I think if I go to the gym and push my calories a little ill feel better for eating it lol
    Im one of those that slips up and normally cant stay on track so i am trying to be a bit harder on myself to prevent slip ups

You have to work on that a bit. Forgiving yourself for small slips is part of the process. Remember that you would have to eat 3,500 calories OVER your TDEE to gain a pound on the day you 'slip up'. Telling yourself that might be helpful. Now you've had your movie day, and you're back on track. All good. If you try be harder on yourself to prevent 'slip ups' you'll drive yourself crazy - no one is perfect, and everyone slips up. It's not as if you're going to the movies every day.
  • MrsEGreen
    Options
    Thanks heaps
    Will definitely work on that :)
  • MrsEGreen
    Options
    Always open to new suggestions, advice etc
    :)