still wanting a get thin quick fix - hel[p get my head strai

Options
I know we all do really, also know slow is the way to go, and best bet of keeping it off :smile:

But, having lost my target 2 lbs in the last week, it just feels so little versus the effort, and even if I keep that rate up it will take another 3 months to get to goal :grumble: I also know keeping up 2 lbs a week is very unlikely :grumble:

Bah, why do we ever let it get this bad???

Motivate me please, at the mo, I want a Boost! (choc bar in case they don't exist in the US - you are very lucky if you don't as they are yum :blushing: )

Replies

• shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I know we all do really, also know slow is the way to go, and best bet of keeping it off :smile:

But, having lost my target 2 lbs in the last week, it just feels so little versus the effort, and even if I keep that rate up it will take another 3 months to get to goal :grumble: I also know keeping up 2 lbs a week is very unlikely :grumble:

Motivate me please, at the mo, I want a Boost! (choc bar in case they don't exist in the US - you are very lucky if you don't as they are yum :blushing: )

• kazzit
    kazzit Posts: 113
    Options
    it will happen but not overnight ,take things easy and you will see the difference i been dieting since may o8 and only now have i realy noticed the difference keep up the good work
  • melissa91971
    Options

You are Right! We all want it off RIGHT NOW!

All I can say is what you probably always heard....:grumble:
    "Slow and steady win the race."
    "Patience is a virtue"
    blah blah blah....:yawn:

Ok, so...here's my words of wisdom.:huh:

I have even further to go to reach my goal than you.

You should try to keep looking at it as 2 pounds to lose each week and that's it!
    I wrote out a small callender for myself listing my new weight each week if I stay on track.
    I look at it almost every day.
    I look ahead to days like Valentine's Day, My anniversary, My B-Day, etc.
    and see where I will be by then if I stay on track.
    IT REALLY HELPS!!

I stay focused more than I ever used to and just work on seeing the 2 pounds come off at a time.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!

~Mel
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I think you're really trying to rush things. And, I know I've read threads on here saying that you should only try to lose one pound a week unless you have a LOT to lose, which you don't.
    It WILL happen, you just need to give it some time!
    As for motivation, try looking at the profile pics that some of the members have. It's amazing to see the difference from what they started at vs now!
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    That's a really good idea re: trying to look forward to events, my baby's christening is in 5 weeks and if I stay on track I'll be 12 pounds lighter than when I started by then, which suddenly sounds great! :bigsmile:

Bren, good tip re: looking at profile pics, will keep an eye out!!

Thanks girls, am feeling a bit better now :flowerforyou:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

I know it can be frustrating and discouraging when you look at how long it will take to get to your goal weight. Imagine how discouraged I was when I did the math and realized that it will take me TWO YEARS to get to my goal weight. But then I realized that I put my weight on over 24 years, and considering that my body, when treated properly, will let me take it off in just 2, that's a fair trade in my eyes. It's so easy to want to fall for a diet gimmick or a quick fix, and if you only want to be thin for a special event or one day, then a quick fix will work temporarily (at what cost to your body I don't know)...but if you are truly looking to get healthier, get the weight off, keep it off, and feel better about yourself, then this needs to be a lifestyle change...we don't use the 4 letter D word here (diet)...because it can't be viewed as anything temporary...it has to be a shift in the way you approach every day life. And believe me, I know that's a struggle. I still haven't developed a healthy relationship with food, and it's still a daily struggle to CHOOSE to eat well and stay within my calories. Some days (a lot of days) I go over my calories, and a lot of times I am still bingeing and feeling bad about myself. A lot of my experiences will be different from yours because I have so much more to lose than you do, so you and I will have different struggles along the way...but what we do have in common is that we are aiming for a common goal...to lose the weight and keep it off. Set small goals for yourself...and reward yourself (with something non-food related) when you reach them. Think of it this way, as Jeannie (arewethereyet) says, I am just eating better and exercising, and if I happen to lose a few pounds while I'm doing that, then wonderful!