Hoping to actually lose weight this time....

Options
Hello, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I am 37 years old and weigh 188 lbs. This is the heaviest I have ever been and I'm looking to get to at least 150 lbs. Right now, I only want to try to lose 10 lbs and get to 178. Any encouragement and motivation will help. This is not my first time trying, but I am sick of starting over and over again and hoping to make it work this time. Anyway, thanks!!!

Replies

• GymBunnySally
    GymBunnySally Posts: 4 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Focus on not having more than 25g - 30g of carbohydrates at any one meal or snack. Our society is overloaded with carbs: sandwiches, cakes, ready meals, pasties, etc etc. The aim is to keep your blood sugar stable at between 4 - 6 and restricting carbs to 25g - 30g will do this.

PS I am not light, currently 14 stone 9lbs, but i have come down from over 17stone by eating real food, restricting the carbs and exercising regularly. (I am 30 years older than you, so it can be done, albeit more slowly :) )
  • CinqueFit
    CinqueFit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Focus on not having more than 25g - 30g of carbohydrates at any one meal or snack. Our society is overloaded with carbs: sandwiches, cakes, ready meals, pasties, etc etc. The aim is to keep your blood sugar stable at between 4 - 6 and restricting carbs to 25g - 30g will do this.

PS I am not light, currently 14 stone 9lbs, but i have come down from over 17stone by eating real food, restricting the carbs and exercising regularly. (I am 30 years older than you, so it can be done, albeit more slowly :) )

Thank you! I will keep that in mind!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

Noooo, don't do this.

Keep it simple. Just focus on eating less than you burn. That really is all you need to do to lose weight. You can do this and keep it off! :)