Not New But On Trying Again!

Options
Hi! I am 22 years old, married with 2 sons! I work full time and go to school full time. Im not really new.. in fact I have used MFP on and off for almost 2 years now. I love the site I just get discouraged or get off track. Not this time! I have done the 30 day shred and lost 15 pounds and gained it back. Started a healthier lifestyle (eating better, exercising here or there) and instantly lost 23 pounds.. and now that is all back too! This time, I want to MAINTAIN a healthy lifestyle and a healthy weight! I want to get in shape and stay in shape! This time around my husband is also trying to get in shape with me so I feel a little more pumped! I also have a friend who is a beachbody coach encouraging me every step of the way. I am playing softball now as well so that is making me a bit more active. We have a family YMCA membership too so I just feel so much more positive about this time around!

Replies

• laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 22 years old, married with 2 sons! I work full time and go to school full time. Im not really new.. in fact I have used MFP on and off for almost 2 years now. I love the site I just get discouraged or get off track. Not this time! I have done the 30 day shred and lost 15 pounds and gained it back. Started a healthier lifestyle (eating better, exercising here or there) and instantly lost 23 pounds.. and now that is all back too! This time, I want to MAINTAIN a healthy lifestyle and a healthy weight! I want to get in shape and stay in shape! This time around my husband is also trying to get in shape with me so I feel a little more pumped! I also have a friend who is a beachbody coach encouraging me every step of the way. I am playing softball now as well so that is making me a bit more active. We have a family YMCA membership too so I just feel so much more positive about this time around!

Good for you! I'm right there with you. I had a little boy in November and I have yet to lose all the baby weight... it's really discouraging, and a weekend with the family eating unhealthy resulted in my gaining back a lot of the weight I've worked hard to lose the last week and half. Feel free to add me if you need some support! I'm back on the bandwagon!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! How you think is half the battle. Stay positive and make good healthy food and exercise choices.
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    You can do this!:tongue:
  • ashleyncruz7
    ashleyncruz7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks! We went grocery shopping yesterday and bought only healthy food! If its not in the house we cant eat it :)
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Yay congrats. I know how you feel with both working and going to school... I am also a single parent to a 3 year old so it seems like finding time to exercise is a never ending battle. We can do this together!!
  • ashleyncruz7
    Options
    Thanks! I understand that! I was a single parent when I had my oldest and it was very difficult! If you need encouragement or just someone to talk to Id be happy to listen, read. :)
  • ashleyncruz7
    Options
    Might I also mention that I am already starting to feel a difference, just in a few days of eating better!