Preparing for the next 50 lbs!

Options
amyepdx
amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
edited August 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I lost 50 lbs in 7 months and the next 50 is next! Here's what I've done to keep the momentum going:
Bought a digital scale
Start weighing in grams
Switched from Lean Cuisines at lunch to a variety of salads with protein
Enable negative calorie adjustments on Fitbit
Added a 2nd Aqua Fit class and a Barre class to my twice-weekly workouts with my trainer

Anyone else have things that have helped keep it going?

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress, and knowing that you have to tighten up your process to keep it going.

It looks like you have a sound plan. There's not much else you have to do, you have the tools you need and it sounds like you know how they work and use them.

You've got this.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You could consider getting a steps tracker like fitbit. Congrats on your first 50, it feels great doesn't it? I just hit -100. I hit the first 60 in 6.5 months, but the next 50 took 8.5. Sounds like you have a great plan to keep it going!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I see you already have a fb!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Congratulations

Batch cook at weekends

Find some big hearty stew type dishes to change up your salads so you can grab a Tupperware and go

Skinnytaste.com has good stuff
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Accuracy of logging and exercising to earn a few hundred more calories to eat seems to become more critical the closer to goal you get. Good job!
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first 50 with your determination you will kick that second 50 out of your life too
    Goodluck
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Great job! To keep me going at this point (I'm also down nearly 50 since January) I just look at my weight loss chart... I like to see that line going DOWN. Don't want to see any upward swings. Most helpful for me, though, is just remembering that this new way of eating and exercising isn't a temporary "diet" but a new, better way of living. One day at a time.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I've gotten obsessed with the chart too!!
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    What a great plan! Congrats on your first 50 lbs. You got this in a bag.