Looking for a healthy hot wing recipe

Options
cam0718
cam0718 Posts: 6 Member
Hey yall, just curious if anyone has a healthy, tasty hot wing recipe. I don't mean so hot you can't hardly eat them but a good spicy wing..

Replies

• mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Following this! Hope you get some good replies.
  • cam0718
    Options
    mpat81 wrote: »

I didn't get the link
  • cam0718
    Options
    cam0718 wrote: »
    mpat81 wrote: »

I didn't get the link

Nevermind I misread your response lol
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    it may not be hot wings but canyoustayfordinner.com has buffalo chicken eggrolls ...you cook the chicken in the crockpot ...its yummy..........allrecipes has a healthy hot wing recipe
  • cam0718
    Options
    it may not be hot wings but canyoustayfordinner.com has buffalo chicken eggrolls ...you cook the chicken in the crockpot ...its yummy

Thanks I will check it out...
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    When all else fails, go for the holy grail of skinnytaste!
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/03/lighter-buffalo-wings-6-pts.html?m=1
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Frank's hot sauce makes a 0 calorie buffalo sauce. I usually use this with poached or baked chicken breast. It's not Hooters hot wing good, but it's definitely tastey.
  • cam0718
    Options
    alyssagb1 wrote: »
    Frank's hot sauce makes a 0 calorie buffalo sauce. I usually use this with poached or baked chicken breast. It's not Hooters hot wing good, but it's definitely tastey.

Thanks
  • lastemperor86
    lastemperor86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I boil my wings for about 15min then I bake them for about 20-30min at 500 degrees. Afterwards I toss some franks hot sauce for flavor.
    Boiling them before baking helps remove excess fat allowing the wings to get crispy from baking.
  • frankie1902
    frankie1902 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use Franks Buffalo sauce1 cup, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup lime juice , 2 cloves of garlic minced and chicken tenders. Put it all in a ziploc bag let it marinate for a little and then toss them on the grill. My kiddos are wing crazy and they really like those.
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    http://www.grandbaby-cakes.com/2015/01/mango-jerk-wings/

These look delicious and reasonably healthy. It would be pretty easy if you substitute a jerk spice blend that is pre mixed.
  • lauraxx2015xx
    lauraxx2015xx Posts: 29 Member
    Options

Baked, not fried, these wings will be the hit at your next party!

Traditional buffalo wings are deep fried and made with lots of butter. These are broiled to reduce fat and calories and we eliminated the butter altogether. You can adjust the heat to your taste. Great for appetizers, lunch or dinner!

Lighter Buffalo Wings
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 9 • Serving Size: 2 chicken wings • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 204 • Fat: 5.4 g • Carbs: 2.3 g • Fiber: 0.6 g

3 lbs (about 18) chicken wings
    1/2 cup + 2 tbsp Franks hot sauce
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    2 tbsp oregano
    4 tsp paprika
    1 tbsp garlic powder
    1 tbsp chili powder
    salt and fresh pepper
    2 celery stalks, sliced into strips
    2 carrots, peeled and sliced into strips
    low fat blue cheese dressing (extra pts)

In a large bowl combine chicken, 2 tbsp hot sauce, vinegar, oregano, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder salt and pepper. Mix well and let marinate for 30 minutes.

Place wings on a broiler rack and broil on low, about 8 inches from the flame for about 10-12 minutes on each side. (All ovens are different so be careful not to burn and make sure it is cooked before removing)

While chicken cooks, heat the remaining hot sauce until warm. Toss the hot sauce with the chicken and arrange on a platter. Serve with celery and carrot strips and blue cheese dressing or dipping.
  • lauraxx2015xx
    lauraxx2015xx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Asian Glazed Drumsticks
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 2 drumsticks • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 213 • Fat: 4.7 g • Protein: 27.5 g • Carb: 12.7 g • Fiber: 0.4 g

Ingredients:

8 medium chicken drumsticks, skin removed
    olive oil spray (I used my Misto)
    1 cup water
    1 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce (more or less to taste)
    1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
    1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
    1 tbsp honey (or sugar)
    3 cloves garlic, crushed
    1 tsp ginger, grated
    2 tbsp chives or scallions, chopped
    1 tsp sesame seeds

Directions:

In a heavy large saucepan, brown chicken on high for 3-4 minutes with a little spray oil. Add water, balsamic, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, hot sauce and cook on high until liquid comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for about 20 minutes. Remove cover and bring heat to high, allowing sauce to reduce down, about 8-10 minutes, until it becomes thick, turning chicken occasionally. (Keep an eye on glaze, you don't want it to burn when it start becoming thick) Transfer chicken to a platter and pour sauce on top. Top with chives and sesame seeds and serve. ( I know these recipe is for drumsticks but I'm sure will be fine for wings)
  • kim60654
    kim60654 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I mix mustard, lemon juice, bit of honey onto skinless chicken thighs. Roll in panko crumbs and base 25 min at 350. The thighs are better than the wings.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I eat wings rarely, but I make mine the Anchor Bar way.
    Toss em in mix of white pepper/cayenne/salt, deep fried and then tossed in a mix of Frank's or Crystal with a bit of melted butter. Yes, completely un-diet, but oh so freaking good!

If going for a lower calorie/fat version, I do up a bit of baked skinless/boneless chicken breast with with the same seasonings, or a recent find was buffalo-style cauliflower bites on skinnytaste. com Very nummy and satisfies the crisp and spicy cravings.
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I heard something about chicken drumsticks dipped in egg then rolled in crushed almonds and baked and i think they made a hot sauce to go with it but I don't remember