Eating over your protein but still the right number of calories (21 day fix )

Options
Hi I am using the 21 day fix program to measure my food. It seems like I am going way over for my recommended protein, but still on track calorie wise. I guess I just want to know if this is okay? I have never actively tried to bulk or used protein powder etc. I'm 133 lbs and trying to get to 120-125.

My diary is open. I'm only on day 2 but I just want to make sure that this makes sense before I commit to all 21 days. thanks for the help!

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    More protein is a good thing. You're not going to build any muscle eating 1200 calories but protein helps making you full.

The main fault with 21 day fix though is that you just can't accurately measure solids by volume. Use a food scale instead.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    If you are active, the recommended protein macro is approximately 0.60 to 0.80 grams per 1 lb. bodyweight.

At your current weight, that is 80-106 grams protein per day. You can eat more protein than this if you desire, but it won't result in any greater muscle synthesis.

Lastly, 106 grams of protein is only 424 calories.
  • chollands29
    chollands29 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    thanks! I figured I was in an okay range since I am on the low calorie side (1200). But I just wanted to make sure I was doing this right. I'm trying to both use their containers and also myfitnesspal so that I have a semi clear idea of what I'm eating. I know it won't be 100% correct since I'm not weighing but I'm trying to over estimate calories eaten and under estimate exercise calories burned, so hopefully it evens out okay.