Is it Fats Or Muscles, and how to lose it?

Options
Hi, I recently just started trying to lose weight, particularly my calfs. My sister noticed that my arms and thighs are not really "jiggly" like my thighs are. She says that it doesn't really seem like "fats" to her (unlike my "jiggly" thigh fats lol) or maybe I just have really firm fatty arm and calf? Excuse me,I don't really know how to explain it properly. My question is, how do I find out if its fat or just muscle or a combination? I too notice that when I lost a bit of weight, I slim down a little but just that my calf and arms did not get smaller. If its muscles, especially my calf area, what kind of exercise can I do to reduce it?
Don't know if it will help to see if it looks like muscles or fats, but I uploaded a photo of my calf.

ft560nbdjnbj.jpg
0z67xozc7yds.jpg

Replies

• hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Calves, like forearms, don't tend to have a lot of fat buildup in most people, so there's probably not a lot of fat there. Can't spot-reduce anyhow, so just worry about losing fat overall -- your body will lose fat where it wants to.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Sisters are the best at implanting body insecurities. A muscle at rest will jiggle a little. You look great.
  • _bellator_
    _bellator_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Flex your calf muscle...anything you can pinch outside that muscle is skin and fat. Your calves look fine, just focus on being fit, strong and healthy, and try not to get too focused on the little stuff :)