In search of active MFP peeps with open diary and currently eating low carb foods for weight loss!!

Options
I've just started my low carb lifestyle change just under 2 weeks ago. Id love for some of the more active and dedicated MFP members to add me as a friend so that I can snoop them open diaries and get motivation and meal ideas.

Anyone have great success on a low carb diet?
What are some pros and cons of low carb eating?

I have not had great success in just counting calories and I don't do much exercise other than walking.

No negativity please...I need motivation is why I posted... thanks!!

Replies

• ariella1289
    ariella1289 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I have had a lot of success with low carb in the past. I found bloating to become a thing of the past, my stomach was flatter than ever, and I felt great. However -- I have found that going severely low carb is really really hard to maintain. The minute I reached my goal and started to become more flexible with my carb intake, the more the pounds came back. What I am doing now is upping my activity level and trying to limit myself to one meal a day with grains (bread or pasta or rice etc). So far I have seen great success in limiting carbs with calories in mind. And the best part is I still get to eat some of the foods I enjoy. If you limit yourself too much, it will never work long term. It's taken me a lot of years to understand this, but now is the time! :)

If you can cut fast foods (or eating out in general), up your lean protein intake, fill your plate with more veggies than carbs etc, you will have success.

But hey - please add me on here, because I don't have a single friend who is using it and I would love to have someone to chat with and help with motivation. Not sure how much you have to lose but I have a substantial amount, so I'll be on for a while! :) Hope that was helpful!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I carb cycle....my diary is open....you are more than welcome to add me........wishing you much success :)
  • mcatlin10
    mcatlin10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can add me, my naturopath is wanting me on a low carb diet and I have been struggling, but getting back to it this week! No weight loss for me yet this time around but re-starting the journey now! I'm coming off a foot injury and just cleared to go back to regular activities so it's been bad. Definitely need some accountability!
  • chollands29
    chollands29 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    add me if you want. I am doing the 21 day fix program, which is pretty high protein and low carb, although they allow some carbs.
  • trking86
    trking86 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Open diary. Feel free to add me.
  • dilddo
    dilddo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I cut down sugars and carbs and replaced those with high protein and unsaturated fats and lost 67 pounds in 7 1/2 months. Stick to routine and remember what your working for.