How do I get skinny ripped?

Options
I don't necessarily want to build big muscles just stay slim and lean but ripped up.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Um...That depends on how much muscle you currently have, how much fat you have/don't have to lose, training, nutrition/calories.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie deficit and lift heavy.
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Really ?

According to all the "pros" on here... you can't gain muscle on a, calorie deficit
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    BekahC1980 wrote: »

Really ?

According to all the "pros" on here... you can't gain muscle on a, calorie deficit

The OP said she/he didn't want to build big muscles? So yes, eat at a calorie deficit and strength train to harden up the muscles you have and possibly get some noob gains and eat at a deficit to retain it and lose fat....
  • arditarose
    Options
    BekahC1980 wrote: »

Really ?

But if the OP has fat to lose, he/she needs to save LBM by lifting and eat at a deficit to lose fat.
  • arditarose
    Options
    OP, what are your stats? Do you know your body fat%?
  • aaxxee20000
    aaxxee20000 Posts: 9 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Thanks guys. Idk my body fat% sorry. Im 5'7 150lbs medium frame. I take in about 2000 calories and eat about 130grams of protein a day
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Edited after getting OPs stats. I would normally agree with this, but have a little more to add since I was in OPs shoes at one point.
    Really ?

Solid passive aggressive, especially since the OP indicated they aren't interested in gaining mass.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Thanks guy. Idk my body fat% sorry. Im 5'7 150lbs medium frame. I take in about 2000 calories and eat about 130grams of protein a day

You're about my height, and I was in the best shape of my life at 26-27yrs old at 172lbs. In my recommendation, from past experience, to gain the look you're probably going for you may want to look at a recomp or small bulk of some sort.

I dieted and trained down to 162 and that was the lowest I could go. I felt sluggish and my athletic performance fell off. I spent a solid 8-12 months allowing myself to eat more, and trained with heavier weight (but still got my cardio in). My weight went up, but BF% dropped, and I felt a ton better.

You're not going to build "big muscles" without trying, and it doesn't come as easy as waking up one day and going "OMG, I have big muscles", you can adjust where you want to stop with a bulk/recomp. I mean gaining muscle is really...really hard and takes time.
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options

This :)

• rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    Thanks guy. Idk my body fat% sorry. Im 5'7 150lbs medium frame. I take in about 2000 calories and eat about 130grams of protein a day

You're about my height, and I was in the best shape of my life at 26-27yrs old at 172lbs. In my recommendation, from past experience, to gain the look you're probably going for you may want to look at a recomp or small bulk of some sort.

I dieted and trained down to 162 and that was the lowest I could go. I felt sluggish and my athletic performance fell off. I spent a solid 8-12 months allowing myself to eat more, and trained with heavier weight (but still got my cardio in). My weight went up, but BF% dropped, and I felt a ton better.

You're not going to build "big muscles" without trying, and it doesn't come as easy as waking up one day and going "OMG, I have big muscles", you can adjust where you want to stop with a bulk/recomp. I mean gaining muscle is really...really hard and takes time.

I second this. You probably don't have much muscle mass to start. At least not enough to look "ripped" (this term is pretty subjective though) at a relatively healthy bf%.

However, maybe a picture of what you look like now and then a picture of the type of look you want would help us understand your goal better.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »

Solid advice. This has worked for me as well.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    rrrrrriped like jesus
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Yeah this. You'll probably end up with a body like mine. I'm way too scrawny. I'd like to gain mass but I don't think I eat enough. I should probably start tracking again.