trying to get fit again after injury!

Options
I'm a 34 yr old mum of 2, who is struggling to get back into fitness after 2 injuries! Ive been trying to gwt back to my usual activities of running etc, but can't seem to get past the feeling sick about 15mins in. Yesterday I managed to walk a fantastic 7miles, but, I just don't feel that walking will be enough!

Replies

• suzettedees
    suzettedees Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've struggled with injuries too and it can be frustrating to not be able to pick up where you left off. I have learned to add 10% a week of either time, intensity, or weight to stay injury free. I only add one component per week and some weeks I am not able to add anything. I started adding a minute of slow jog to every minute I walk and then I've started adding time. On the weeks I add time either to my overall workout or just my run time, I don't add speed or heavier weight to my program. I also keep an exercise journal (written on paper) to keep track of my workouts as well as my goals. Good luck and don't get discouraged. It will come back with time.
  • beccabryan30
    beccabryan30 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It can be tough I've been there and walking does work but u have to steadily pick up the pase everyday swimming is awesome for injury's and weight loss