Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Food Scale Suggestions...please :)

My food scale is dying. I've had it for about 5 years now, so I guess it's time to say our farewells. I still *need* to weigh pretty much everything so I'm looking for a replacement. Anyone have suggestions for favorite brands, or ones that you've noticed are just a really great value?

I know it might seem silly, but my food scale is integral, so I really want to be sure I get one that is highly accurate and durable.

TIA!

Replies

• OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Mine is dying too. Metric doesn't work anymore. I've had this EatSmart Precision Elite Digital Kitchen Scale - 15 lb. Capacity, UltraBright Display and Stainless Steel Platform on my Amazon wish list for a while now. Anybody have an opinion on it.
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    I've read wonderful things about it. I actually heard from a few friends that the smaller version of that was great, so it's what I ended up going with!
  • OldHobo
    I've read wonderful things about it. I actually heard from a few friends that the smaller version of that was great, so it's what I ended up going with!
    So you just bought it in the last couple hours then?
  • gaelicstorm26
    Yes, but I got it from Amazon so it won't be here until Monday. I got the smaller version of the one you are talking about because I don't do multiple batch baking and cooking much.
  • OldHobo
    Thanks for the input I don't know if I need a 15 lb scale, but I like the size of the platform.
    I'm gonna order mine today too. :)
  • gaelicstorm26
    Awesome!

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    I've had four or five and like the OXO best. It does a 3,2,1 thing when it's turned on, but tares immediately after that. It's accurate. It is able to be read with a plate on it.

It's the best one I tried, including the Ozeri.

It's also the most expensive, so there's that.
  • OldHobo
    Thanks Kalikel,
    I don't think I looked closely at the Oxo scales but already ordered so I'll let it ride. I think/hope I'll be satisfied. What I miss on these kitchen scales is the option to manually enter the tare weight.
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    CrosbyMcDowell Posts: 113 Member
    So now that you've gotten your new scale, what do you think? I'm in the market for one!
  • OldHobo
    I'm real happy with mine. I was afraid it might take up too much room on the counter, but that isn't a problem because it's stored within reach of the cooking prep work area, but only on the counter when needed. It's smaller than a piece of notebook paper (length and width) and less than an inch high. My old one had a circular weighing platform about 4" across. Very hard to weigh a pork butt or large chicken; no problem with this one.

I had my last one several years and expect this one to last longer.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Mine came from Walmat about 7-8 yrs ago.Called the "Biggest Loser" It was only $14. Still works like new.