5'7" sucess stories!? pictures are appreciated

I am 5'7" and I started this journey about 7 months ago I started out at 210lbs and I now weigh 179.2 as of this morning! My original goal was 180, but I'm still not happy so I'm trying for my "healthy weight" now which is 160. I look in the mirror or pictures and I don't see a whole lot of change..Is this normal?? However when I do comparison pictures I do see change in some pictures. Let me see the difference in you! I need motivation!

Replies

• christinedlg50
    christinedlg50 Posts: 138 Member
    Don't worry about how you look right now. Most of us suffer from an image dysphoria. How do you feel?
  • kemval74
    kemval74 Posts: 28 Member
    I am 5'7" and I started this journey about 7 months ago I started out at 210lbs and I now weigh 179.2 as of this morning! My original goal was 180, but I'm still not happy so I'm trying for my "healthy weight" now which is 160. I look in the mirror or pictures and I don't see a whole lot of change..Is this normal?? However when I do comparison pictures I do see change in some pictures. Let me see the difference in you! I need motivation!

Just think about it this way: Get 3 (10 pound) bags of potatoes and walk around with them. The three bags represent the weight that you no longer carry with you. And like the poster above said, a lot of us do have some resemblance or trace of body dysmorphia (even without an official diagnosis) so what you are feeling is typical of those who have lost a significant amount of weight. In the mirror, you still see the person that you used to be. Keep up the good work and 33 pounds is an awesome accomplishment!
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    I'm 5'7" & 23 years old. My starting weight was 193lbs. I'm now past my goal & I weigh 137lbs. I'm at a healthy weight but I'm trying very hard to tighten up my stomach. It still has some stubborn fat at the bottom. I didn't REALLY notice big changes until I got to about 160-170lbs. The pics below aren't exactly in order but I'm sure you can probably tell which order they go in.
    gsq0tzifondc.jpg
    sr9uhhukz25r.jpg

2dewcku5d46c.jpgo6q5uujrxoq5.jpg
  • ChiffonLaRue14
    ChiffonLaRue14 Posts: 40 Member
    I am 5 feet 8 inches, 37 years old, and I used to weight 235-240 lbs when I started MFP 100 days ago. All I have for comparison is my profile pic. No success posts til I get down to my target weight. I am 178.5 lbs now. Still a ways to go. Total weight loss of 56.5 lbs lost in 3 months' time. I limited my calorie intake to 1000-1200 and basically exercised what I had eaten. No cheat meals so far. My body type is Inverted Triangle which makes me still look top heavy, shoulders broad AF! I now wear a size 12 top while my hips are a size 6 lol. My starting measurements were 50"-44"-43" and now I am 42.5-35.5-37" see the sad waist-hip ratio? Lol. I do weights every other day and cardio everyday. I do my best to make the workouts fit in my schedule. No pills, supplements or vitamins for me. I intend to do this naturally :smile: People on here never cease to inspire me. Thank you MFP community!
  • harshm80
    harshm80 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 5'7" & 23 years old. My starting weight was 193lbs. I'm now past my goal & I weigh 137lbs. I'm at a healthy weight but I'm trying very hard to tighten up my stomach. It still has some stubborn fat at the bottom. I didn't REALLY notice big changes until I got to about 160-170lbs. The pics below aren't exactly in order but I'm sure you can probably tell which order they go in.
    gsq0tzifondc.jpg
    sr9uhhukz25r.jpg

2dewcku5d46c.jpgo6q5uujrxoq5.jpg

Amazing job , I exactly know how good it feels
  • imn0tlykeher
    imn0tlykeher Posts: 41 Member
    Thank you everyone! Yes I never see a real difference in the mirror, but comparison photos help me a lot and when I put pants etc on and they're too big now! And mskinner your stomach looks like mine used to in your before photo, wish I had some pics on this computer, they're all on my phone. I will try to get some on this computer and post them tomorrow! :)
  • carmo1987
    carmo1987 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm 5'7 28 and have been up and down sinceI've been 12. My max weight has been 165lbs and lowest has been 130. Currently 143 and aiming for 120. I have always been "normal weight" but always bigger than any of my friends and with low confidence... This needs to stop and im going for my best!cstcrxutll36.jpg
  • imn0tlykeher
    Here's one, more recent to come just waiting on them to pop up in my email3b7ohpum4rbb.jpg
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    I'm 5'7.5 or 5'8 depending on how good my posture is that day. I lost my weight when I was 17-19 years old (I'm now in my mid-20's). I have pretty much maintained for all these years. I started at 240 pounds and now weigh around 180. Technically, I'm still considered "overweight" per my BMI, but I'm considered healthy based on my lean body mass and bodyfat percentage, which is the indicator I go by.

wio9jp.jpg
    2301fc.jpg
  • imn0tlykeher
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    I'm 5'7.5 or 5'8 depending on how good my posture is that day. I lost my weight when I was 17-19 years old (I'm now in my mid-20's). I have pretty much maintained for all these years. I started at 240 pounds and now weigh around 180. Technically, I'm still considered "overweight" per my BMI, but I'm considered healthy based on my lean body mass and bodyfat percentage, which is the indicator I go by.

wio9jp.jpg
    2301fc.jpg

YOU LOOK AWESOME!! Ive lost my weight to this point, but I have GOT to start toning up! My flat butt is almost non existant now and my stomach still looks like crap :/
  • xcalygrl
    Don't worry about how you look right now. Most of us suffer from an image dysphoria. How do you feel?

Also, this is soooo true. It takes a while for your brain to catch up to what you see. You see yourself in mirrors/windows everyday, so you don't notice the changes in the day-to-day stuff. Keep taking pictures and comparing them. If you see changes in your pictures, your body is changing (even if you don't see it when you look in the mirror).
  • imn0tlykeher
  • imn0tlykeher
  • imn0tlykeher
  • imn0tlykeher
    Are these showing up?
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl wrote: »

wio9jp.jpg
    2301fc.jpg

YOU LOOK AWESOME!! Ive lost my weight to this point, but I have GOT to start toning up! My flat butt is almost non existant now and my stomach still looks like crap :/

Thank you!

Start lifting weights stat. That is one thing I wish I would have done all along. I've only been lifting for almost 2 years, but it has made a huge difference in my body composition. I started with New Rules of Lifting for Women then moved on to Stronglifts 5x5. I haven't lost weight, but I've lost 2 inches just this year alone. (I wasn't taking measurements as dilligently last year, so I'm not sure how many inches I lost from when I started lifting to now.)
  • xcalygrl
    Are these showing up?

Yep. I can definitely see changes in you body. You are making good progress.
  • imn0tlykeher
    Most definitely I have to start working out, my husband will be home in 2 months!
  • foofoobooboo
    foofoobooboo Posts: 15 Member
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!