New to Fitness Pal - need support!

Options
Good morning everyone,
I'm new to the site, and so far so good. My husband and I both have goal weights and are starting our diet and exercise routines this week. I really need encouragement on the exercise part. I have no problems changing my eating habits and cutting back, but the exercise is tough!!! :) Started at 202, so we'll see where we are over the course of the next few weeks and months!

Replies

• koolkat92
    koolkat92 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Lots of great people on here to help. Feel free to friend me if you wish. Good luck on your new journey!
  • JosephTucker
    Options
    Me and my wife started over a year ago and I have lost 108 pounds and she has lost 188 pounds! working out has been a big part of our lost. Good luck
  • Claire739
    Claire739 Posts: 114
    Options
    hi and welcome

this site it fab for getting needed support! feel free to add me!
  • edenjoy3
    edenjoy3 Posts: 45
    Options
    exercise is tough..once you get into the routine and start seeing results..it just pushes ya to keep going
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Wishing you much success :happy:
  • denisecc
    denisecc Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi there!!! I hear ya about the exercise part, but once you start set your goals you will move right along. Just make sure its something you like to do. I love the Biggest Loser dvd's, they are very cheap at Walmart, like 9 bucks, and you can switch them up to get varity.
  • Brandi_Lyn
    Brandi_Lyn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have all the tools you need to succeed! Exercise is the best part(and if not, just keep telling yourself that it is, until it really is!) Fake it till you make it, that's what I say!

You'll have up days and down days but don't let the down days get you down. Enjoy a pity party for maybe 2 mins, and then get back to it!

I can't wait to see you start shedding those lbs!!!

The first step was to decide. You go girl! :)

Brandi
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    You're going to love it here Sara! I've been here since February although started trying to eat better and exercise more back in November but I spend more time here now than I do on Facebook and that's saying a LOT. The people here are incredibly supportive and encouraging. Welcome to the journey! On exercising...just start out doing something you enjoy and take it easy. Don't feel like you have to go "balls to the walls" from day one or you'll get burnt out. Start with say, 3 days a week and work up from there. I've been in the process of moving then got the flu, then had outpatient surgery just yesterday so I've not been "myself" for most of the month of May but I'm trying to get refocused now that we're moved. I just need to get over this nausea that just keeps lingering...

Add me as a friend if you'd like. I'd love to get to know you and help you along the way.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone. This is a great site filled with helpful and supportive people!! I am totally addicted to it!! I am willing to help you with whatever it is you need to reach your goals. Please feel free to add me to your buddy list...all I ask is that you help and support me along the way as well :happy: Good luck to you...you've made the right decision to start here!
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Your going to love this site. The people and support you'll receive are amazing. Feel free to add me. :flowerforyou: