What's wrong with this picture?

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Someone entered the carbs wrong obviously.
  • ColinsMommaOC
    ColinsMommaOC Posts: 296 Member
    fillers and additives (ie breadcrumbs)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Well your calories don't match either. Maybe pick a better entry that matches what you need.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Maybe they were entering info for a hamburger, as in bun included. Though in that case calories seems too low. Who knows.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Whoever entered that particular entry might be counting the bun on their hamburger. There's really no way of telling with entries like that. Skip it and find something more accurate.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    The entry you are using is too generic and probably includes the bun. Try looking up USDA Ground Beef.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    To me it looks like it is counting a hamburger with a bun. It does not say hamburger patty.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 644 Member
    Try entering ground beef?
  • Chasity6
    Chasity6 Posts: 183 Member
    Maybe they added the bun already?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Try breaking down the burger into single ingredients. Eyeball the beef, the bun, cheese, oil, butter for the buns, etc...
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited August 2015
    As someone said the more important thing is the calories are off. If you go to the USDA website it has 85/15 ground beef listed at 61 calories per ounce which would put you at 366 calories for your 6 ounces. Choosing the correct entry in MFP is vital. If you do that on everything you eat you could be off by several hundred calories a day/week. You're just starting off. Go through everything you eat on a regular basis and double or triple check with as many calorie type website you can find and make sure the calores per gram/ ounce is correct and over estimate rather than under estimate. I personally would log that ground beef at 400.

Ohhh yeah and as everyone has said there are no carbs in ground beef. :)
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    It's user beware with the food diary look-up. I always double check - even the so-called "verified" items have had errors. With hamburger, I enter "ground beef, 93/7" or whatever lean/fat ratio it is, & that brings up a bunch of options which I then look at before I log~
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Just entered hamburger patty a minute ago, you must search for patty to avoid the bun included entries.
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    I am shocked - *shocked* I tell you - to learn there are inaccuracies in the member-editable database. /sarcasm
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    That's why you never use generic entries.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Best to double check entries the first time you use them- after that they're in your Recent list.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    PEBCAK.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    Your 2 pics are clearly of different things. This is why generic entries like "Hamburger" are useless. You have no idea what was on or in that hamburger. It's worth noting that in the US "hamburger" can refer to ground beef, where as in the rest of the world, "hamburger" means the actual burger with the bread and everything.
  • purleyprimitives
    purleyprimitives Posts: 6 Member
    I figured it was something like that.