Losing weight is a Mind Game.

vshdst
vshdst Posts: 6
edited September 26 in Motivation and Support
If you're not truly determined beyond a doubt to lose weight, don't waste your time.

What motivates me are conversations where family or friends mention my weight, in passing, not meaning any harm. I don't become defensive, I just log the statement in my memory everytime I'm tempted to violate my efforts to lose weight.

"Oh, you use to look like a model before you put the weight on...you still look good...but...you know!"

or "You haven't seen Barbara lately, she's almost as big as you!!!"

Those statements hit me like a brick. They are seared in my memory. Hunger pains and cravings immediately go away when I recall those words.

That's what works for me. So far, I'm back to pre 1990 weight!

Replies

• vshdst
    vshdst Posts: 6
    To date, I've lost 23lbs. I started my quest to eat healthier and to lose weight, March 8th. I am still of the belief that "losing weight is a mind game!"
    Portion control and using "myfitnesspal" to log in meals, has been the key to my success. I still eat what I like, but less of it.
    I've just returned from a 3 week vacation, overseas. Ate three meals a day. Always concious of "portion control" and/or eating 'til I'm comfortable, not 'til I'm full. I'm at the point where "comfortable" is "full." Meaning, my body has become use to lesser amounts of food.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Truthfully, I didn't even intend to lose my first 70 lbs, it was just a side effect of getting my money's worth out of the Y membership and doing something fun. Of course, when I moved away, I didn't continue going to the gym where I moved and started putting the weight back on. I am now in the mindset of changing my life and my body to what I want to achieve and will not return to 280 lbs (or even 240 for that matter).
This discussion has been closed.