Food Scale Suggestions...please :)

Options
My food scale is dying. I've had it for about 5 years now, so I guess it's time to say our farewells. I still *need* to weigh pretty much everything so I'm looking for a replacement. Anyone have suggestions for favorite brands, or ones that you've noticed are just a really great value?

I know it might seem silly, but my food scale is integral, so I really want to be sure I get one that is highly accurate and durable.

TIA!

Replies

• OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Mine is dying too. Metric doesn't work anymore. I've had this EatSmart Precision Elite Digital Kitchen Scale - 15 lb. Capacity, UltraBright Display and Stainless Steel Platform on my Amazon wish list for a while now. Anybody have an opinion on it.
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I've read wonderful things about it. I actually heard from a few friends that the smaller version of that was great, so it's what I ended up going with!
  • OldHobo
    Options
    I've read wonderful things about it. I actually heard from a few friends that the smaller version of that was great, so it's what I ended up going with!
    So you just bought it in the last couple hours then?
  • gaelicstorm26
    Options
    Yes, but I got it from Amazon so it won't be here until Monday. I got the smaller version of the one you are talking about because I don't do multiple batch baking and cooking much.
  • OldHobo
    Options
    Thanks for the input I don't know if I need a 15 lb scale, but I like the size of the platform.
    I'm gonna order mine today too. :)
  • gaelicstorm26
    Options
    Awesome!

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I've had four or five and like the OXO best. It does a 3,2,1 thing when it's turned on, but tares immediately after that. It's accurate. It is able to be read with a plate on it.

It's the best one I tried, including the Ozeri.

It's also the most expensive, so there's that.
  • OldHobo
    Options
    Thanks Kalikel,
    I don't think I looked closely at the Oxo scales but already ordered so I'll let it ride. I think/hope I'll be satisfied. What I miss on these kitchen scales is the option to manually enter the tare weight.
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    CrosbyMcDowell Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    So now that you've gotten your new scale, what do you think? I'm in the market for one!
  • OldHobo
    Options
    I'm real happy with mine. I was afraid it might take up too much room on the counter, but that isn't a problem because it's stored within reach of the cooking prep work area, but only on the counter when needed. It's smaller than a piece of notebook paper (length and width) and less than an inch high. My old one had a circular weighing platform about 4" across. Very hard to weigh a pork butt or large chicken; no problem with this one.

I had my last one several years and expect this one to last longer.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Mine came from Walmat about 7-8 yrs ago.Called the "Biggest Loser" It was only $14. Still works like new.