Any other over 50 ladies changing their lifestyle?

Options
I'm 53, a former gymnast (a million years ago) with emotional eating and body image issues. I'm a lifelong yo yo dieter, working on self acceptance and lasting lifestyle changes. I have about 75 pounds to lose. I'm on here every day and looking for supportive, like minded friends. If you're ready to ditch the "diet" mentality and focus on permanent change, add me! <3

Replies

• jenlen1965
    jenlen1965 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and definitely wanting to change my lifestyle! Would love to be friends!!!
  • smittyd303
    smittyd303 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well we sound like we could be sisters ! I am 60yrs old and a caregiver for my parents so stress eating is something I can relate to. I am hoping to lose 50 lbs and change my lifestyle so I don't go through what my parents are going through. My Dad had a lot of medical problems. I am done dieting , just want to find a good eating plan. I am cheering you on.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    55 years old. 74.5 pounds to loose. Right with you ladies. I'm here for the long haul.
  • dagroden54
    dagroden54 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 61 and also a yoyo dieter and exerciser. I do good for a while eating the right foods and working out then I get bored or frustrated and stop. As I'm getting older it's harder to lose too. I need a support system because I can't do it alone. Would love to be part of your group.
  • duffie61
    duffie61 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 54 and have had weight struggles most of my life. I just woke up one day and decided ~ NO MORE! I didn't start using fitness pal until I was several weeks into my "changes" but I love it. It sure makes tracking calories/nutritional values much easier. I've been on many diets but at present I've focused more on making healthy choices and keeping my calorie intake between 1000 and 1200 calories per day. I've lost 40 pounds so far and my goal is to loose 60 more. I'm walking 5 to 6 times a week and have started to include resistance exercises. I'd love to stay in the loop here with like minded ladies such as myself.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hi, Ladies - 60 here. Been on MFP 2 years this October. I'm down 95 pounds - in maintenance....woo hoo!!!! It CAN be done - don't try and talk yourselves out of it!!! :)
  • Trish1278
    Trish1278 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies .. 56 here and also have body image problem. I was caregiver for my mother for four years while also holding down a full-time job. The four years and my mothers recent death findd me 30-lbs overweight. I have decided to pull myself out of grief and get into the living and losing weight. Making lifestyle changes and not diet.
  • lcsc42
    lcsc42 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! 58 and a yoyo dieter -been over 5 yrs since I was in decent shape This time I want to make a lifestyle change-I'm too young to be old!! 20 lbs minimum to lose here Nice to hear others feel the same-I
  • cristinefurey
    cristinefurey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi This is all new to me. I'm 51 and starting all over again. I'm so unhappy with my weight that I can't stand the sight of myself. I'm at my highest weight level I have ever been my life. If anyone or everyone would like to work together on our journey please let me know cause I'm feeling lost lol and my sat nav is of no use on this journey

Cristine

Yes, I am in the United States.
    Cristine615@hotmail.co.uk
  • ayfields29485
    ayfields29485 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 52 and definitely ready to get it together would love to have buddies on here my age range.have 110 pounds to take off. One day at a time
  • ldoreen69
    ldoreen69 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to have a buddy to help me keep me motivated I need to lose 110 pounds also